Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/10/2003 5:19:16 PM EDT
I just received my Bulgarian AK-74 kit from K-Var. I have a SAR-2 with the US-made black polymer buttstock from K-Var. I have the SAR-2 sold to my father-in-law as soon as I am ready to part with it. Should I swap stocks, putting the Bulgarian from the kit on the SAR-2 before selling it and keep the US-made one for my new build? The SAR-2 has the correct US parts count even without the US-made stock, so there is no problem there. I've never shot an AK variant with the shorter Bulgarian stock. What do you guys think? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Just try it and see what you like...
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]

I've never shot an AK variant with the shorter Bulgarian stock. What do you guys think?

The Bulgarian stock is standard length.  It's the KVar stock that is non-standard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
i did a double take. I could have sworn the topic was "Should I swap buttocks?"  

Link Posted: 1/11/2003 5:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 5:35:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Campy, I prefer the shorter stock over the longer. Much more user friendly. But, to each his own.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top