Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/10/2005 12:42:09 PM EDT
Well after 10 shots out of my brand new armory usa sr85c it broke.  The gas piston pin flew out to the ground where I was unable to find it..    Now I'm starting to wonder if these weapons are a piece of shit..  I had two memebers tell me they are great and one tell me they are a total POS( it never ejected for him).  I heard they had problems with some of their older rifles .  All the people at the gunshow said this was a very nice AK rifle even the people that I did not do business with.

One thing that made me happy was the customer support of Armory USA its the best I have had in a while. I asked if this problem occurs frequintly Andre said no never.  So I sent the entire piece back for a new one.  Hope this is my only and last problem.having
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
whoa did it like shoot out towards your eye or something??? thats crazy!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Told you!!!  Get a refund and get a REAL Arsenal!!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:44:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Post some pics if you can.

Its all apart sent it back to armory usa, well the piston, pin, and what ever it's attched to(I dont know the name).  Very bummed with this deal.  Never had a problem with any other rifle I own, not even the mini 14 and after market clips..

It more or less fell apart, it did not flang out with high speed.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Was part of the pin still in the piston hole? - did the piston break? - did the piston
separate itself from the carrier? - did you possibly fire any rounds AFTER the pin came out  ?

One loose or broken pin doesn't make an AK a POS

Any gunsmith or handyman could have fabricated a replacement pin and installed it
in 30 minutes or so , and it would have been fine , unless something else broke  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Post some pics if you can.

Its all apart sent it back to armory usa, well the piston,  and what ever it's attched to(I dont know the name).  Very bummed with this deal.  Never had a problem with any other rifle I own, not even the mini 14 and after market clips..

It more or less fell apart, it did not flang out with high speed.  

Called the vender that sold it to me no call back so far.  We will se how they treat the situation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hate you!

Just a joke.  I'm trying to contact the vender if they call back we will see what happens. When I get it back I'm blasting 500 rounds, and if it jams once any problem its gone, if I can.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The more posts like this I read the more I realize how luckey I was to send the POS I bought back to Gobal and talk them into refunding my purchase price.
Do a search on SR85C (or whatever model armoryUSA refers to their rifle as) and see what you find.
I hope you get it repaired or replaced to your satisfaction-
Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]
 Mine shot great just started rusting in the receiver and the all places where the rifle parts connect to each other.  Barrel sight base Gas block between barrel and receiver.  It just arrived in Houston waiting to here from Jimmy about what they are going to do about it.  Was very happy about the accuracy and was very reliable.  My first Ak also.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 Mine shot great just started rusting in the receiver and the all places where the rifle parts connect to each other.  Barrel sight base Gas block between barrel and receiver.  It just arrived in Houston waiting to here from Jimmy about what they are going to do about it.  Was very happy about the accuracy and was very reliable.  My first Ak also.  hr

Thats it I'm trying to get money back.  AK-47man.com has yet to call back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Being from Dallas originally and having tried to talk to the Global Trades guys at a lot of gun shows there and knowing first hand what pricks they are to deal with, I really want to say "ya'll got what you deserved" for buying a Global Trades built rifle but I'm going to resist that temptation ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Being from Dallas originally and having tried to talk to the Global Trades guys at a lot of gun shows there and knowing first hand what pricks they are to deal with, I really want to say "ya'll got you deserved" for buying a Global Trades built rifle but I'm going to resist that temptation ... hr

How did we deserve this again?  Thanks for the very helpful imformation pls post more.hair.gif
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
That full case of SARs I bought looks better all the time ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Global is just a sad, sorry outfit.  I bought an SSR-85C that is a great rifle about 5 years ago.  I then bought and underfolder AK from them this year after the ban ended.  What a POS.  Also, since I'm local I know first hand what kind of goobers these folks are that run Global.  I'd take an SAR over any Global built rifle.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
one question,  how did the pistol pin "flew" out during normal operation?
I mean is there enough room for it to possibly work it self out that far and fall of some place.
I just cant imagine how that would happen during the operation of fireing the rifle.
Now if it fell out then you field stripped it and lost it i can see, but "flew" out???
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
My armoryUSA is the most expensive AK I have. No matter how hard I tighten the the buttstock it loosens up to a noticible wobble after 200 rounds, and it does not feed hollow points. I'm taking it to the gun show this weekend to see if Jimmy will "make it right". After that I'm gonna have to chalk it up as a $587 lesson learned.

The thing that really pisses me off is that this AK is FREAKIN' BEAUTIFUL! Oh, and my $350 SAR-1 runs like a swiss watch.

I'm more than just a little pissed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Being from Dallas originally and having tried to talk to the Global Trades guys at a lot of gun shows there and knowing first hand what pricks they are to deal with, I really want to say "ya'll got what you deserved" for buying a Global Trades built rifle but I'm going to resist that temptation ...

How did we deserve this again?  Thanks for the very helpful imformation pls post more.

I'm sorry, I was just being a prick. I just really dislike Global from past dealings ...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#19]

It is has become common to read these posts.  I bought an "AMD65-UF" underfolder from them and it was rusting from the moment I opened the box, was built from left over parts from different kits and had bent rails inside the 1.6mm receiver.  Sent it back and walked away.

I wonder too how they can be trusted to build a decent receiver when everything else they touch turns to shit.  Sorry for the new guys who buy from this outfit, but they will learn, like I did, that even with AK's quality costs money.  Buy a VEPR, Arsenal Inc. or buy a kit and have it built by a trusted smith.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
ok. And how is it the Arsenal USA/Armory USA/Global Trades receivers are the shit?

Sammy

They make a nice receiver, its their smiths that suck. Give their reciever and a kit to a quality smith and there will be no problem. But from all that I have read, literally in the last week, leads me to belive that Global doesn't know how to put all the parts together to make the whole.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

pieceofstink
Post Number :: 156

NV, USA

Don't worry-with an Armory USA rifle, even if the mags fit, the gun will still fail to feed once you go to shoot it. so who cares if the mags fit properly or not??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted :: 8/7/2005 10:42:46 PM MST

Mak
Team Member

Post Number :: 1424

AZ, USA

See, if you would have come here first and asked some questions of TheRedHorseman you would have never bought that POS Global Trades boat anchor and got hosed at $20.00 a pop for those POS fake Bulgarian Pro-clips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Whoever can be trusted with small things can also be trusted with large things; whoever is dishonest in little things will be dishonest in large things, too" JC
"A wrong done to one man is a wrong done to all men" Frederick Douglass

Posted :: 8/9/2005 2:33:29 PM MST

Don't say we didn't all warn you.  Come here and ask questions before you buy crap.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:32:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I saw a picture of one on another board when the barrel was somehow pressed in crooked!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't wait until the next guy buys something from somewhere and has a problem so I can  make fun of him.  I did my research and found problems with all of the manufacturers.  I was always hesitant on buying an AK  because of this.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#24]
This is hard to believe. Even if the gas piston pin fell out I can't imagine the piston unscrewing from the bolt carrier that quick. Something sounds fishy.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I can't wait until the next guy buys something from somewhere and has a problem so I can  make fun of him.  I did my research and found problems with all of the manufacturers.  I was always hesitant on buying an AK  because of this.  

True that, there is so much crap out.  Atleast it seems like they are going to refund my money.  If I stay with the AK I buyng the top of the line.  

Booker at no point did I say say the piston fell out.  Only the pin! Either way this is just piss poor quality.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Booker at no point did I say say the piston fell out.  Only the pin! Either way this is just piss poor quality.

Well I stand corrected, I misread.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Refunding my money also. Jimmy took care of me just like he said he would.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top