Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2004 2:31:21 AM EDT
Anyone shortened the Tapco folder? I'm wondering if I can take an inch and a half off and not worry about the thing breaking on me. Anyone know how to do this? I need a hacksaw to cut it or how do I grind it down?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmm, why?

Anyhow, IIRC the CRAPCO stock is plastic, don't really see how you could cut 1.5" inches off anywhere and still have a functioning stock???

Why not try an E. German stock or a stock for a Krink?

KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Ummmm, why?

Anyhow, IIRC the CRAPCO stock is plastic, don't really see how you could cut 1.5" inches off anywhere and still have a functioning stock???

Why not try an E. German stock or a stock for a Krink?

KILO OUT

links?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Why? Because I have the stock and it's too long for me. I also have the Romanian folder, but I am having trouble locating the proper 5mm screws that don' thave heads that are so large. I can't reassemble the recoil spring back on with the 5mm screws I was able to locate. I could put a Krinkov stock on, but not without major gunsmithing, and I kinda want to have it ready for the sunset.
Anyone else know how I can take some plastic off?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:10:39 AM EDT
[#4]
KVAR has your 5mm screws, but they are $2.00 a pop.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the screw as well, they are $2 from me but I wont hit you with any shipping.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Tapco stock. It looks to me like you could just grind or cut down the plastic butt pad to shorten it an inch or two.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Regular 10x32 screw fit in the Romy folder although I had to trim one down on the sides to clear the sides of the trunion .Chuck it up in a drill press and lay a file next to it .I used the 1/4" long ones from MSC.They have allen type heads.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top