Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 1:31:21 AM EST
Anyone shortened the Tapco folder? I'm wondering if I can take an inch and a half off and not worry about the thing breaking on me. Anyone know how to do this? I need a hacksaw to cut it or how do I grind it down?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:01:02 PM EST
Ummmm, why?

Anyhow, IIRC the CRAPCO stock is plastic, don't really see how you could cut 1.5" inches off anywhere and still have a functioning stock???

Why not try an E. German stock or a stock for a Krink?

KILO OUT
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:08:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By 19-kilo:
Ummmm, why?

Anyhow, IIRC the CRAPCO stock is plastic, don't really see how you could cut 1.5" inches off anywhere and still have a functioning stock???

Why not try an E. German stock or a stock for a Krink?

KILO OUT

links?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:14:55 AM EST
Why? Because I have the stock and it's too long for me. I also have the Romanian folder, but I am having trouble locating the proper 5mm screws that don' thave heads that are so large. I can't reassemble the recoil spring back on with the 5mm screws I was able to locate. I could put a Krinkov stock on, but not without major gunsmithing, and I kinda want to have it ready for the sunset.
Anyone else know how I can take some plastic off?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:10:39 AM EST
KVAR has your 5mm screws, but they are $2.00 a pop.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:35:13 AM EST
I've got the screw as well, they are $2 from me but I wont hit you with any shipping.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:44:32 AM EST
I have a Tapco stock. It looks to me like you could just grind or cut down the plastic butt pad to shorten it an inch or two.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:53:26 PM EST
Regular 10x32 screw fit in the Romy folder although I had to trim one down on the sides to clear the sides of the trunion .Chuck it up in a drill press and lay a file next to it .I used the 1/4" long ones from MSC.They have allen type heads.
Top Top