Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:43:45 PM EDT
Anyone make a short stock for an AK?  I really prefer to square with my target.  I shoot my AR with the M4 stock totally collapsed.

I know they make M4 style stocks for the AK but they look hideous.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
your best bet is to cut it down.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
i did hear that european stocks are shorter than US stocks, but by how much?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
about an inch and a half.  I shot the ar the same way as you and I use the standard short warsaw pact length on the AK's
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
inch and a half might make the difference.....i'll get back to you on that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
the LOP on the shorter stock should be like an AR at the second position.  That's not all that bad and there's something to be said for keeping your AK in the same configuration your enemies do.

Americans for some reason like huge LOP's.  I have to buy youth stocks to make my shotguns fit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:51:37 AM EDT
[#6]
My GF like the CAR with the stock all the way collapsed. You must have short arms.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
not at all.  i'm 6'0" with a long reach.  I just use a stance that is square to the target.  My strong hand elbow is literally pointing straight down the legnth of my body in my firing stance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#8]
warsaw stock is what you need
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Just use a folder they are short. MY Ak74 is real short.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#10]
what kind of folder are you talking about, one of those wire side folders or underfolders....just my opinion, but i think a stock should be able to hold up to a good hit across someone's face.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what kind of folder are you talking about, one of those wire side folders or underfolders....just my opinion, but i think a stock should be able to hold up to a good hit across someone's face.

A real side folder like this.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top