Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2012 5:51:05 PM EDT
I took out my factory VEPR in 762x54R for its maiden run today.. its the 20.5" Version 01..

440 rounds of surplus yellow tip came in today as well.. got it open in like 3 minutes..  

After adjusting my front post to raise the POI I managed these 5 shot groups.. (6" shoot-n-c for reference)..

I may order a KNS front site post with smaller TIP..

I did a couple of CLAYS today to at 100 yards..  

Short 5 shot video..

http://youtu.be/xGhCmc0ZKJ0

Overall I shot 100 rounds today.. it has a KICK to it..

Just ordered a JP Cooley Brake for it.. and a thread kit from CNC warrior.. should help in that dept..
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just ordered a JP Cooley Brake for it.. and a thread kit from CNC warrior.. should help in that dept..

The Cooley brake is excellent, I have one on my AR-10.  Highly effective.  Guys on either side of you at the range will hate you however.  Big time side blast.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Cooley brake is excellent, I have one on my AR-10.  Highly effective.  Guys on either side of you at the range will hate you however.  Big time side blast.

Thanks..

I've been reading around for the last few days.. choce came between the JP and the Smith Enterprise with the 14 holes in it..

JP seemed to have more reviews.. guessing either would work..

I had a Miculek on my Saiga 308 and my DPMS LR308.. worked great on those.. I also run that on my 223 BCM..

Just want to cut the KICK down abit.. things like a mule compared to my Saiga 308 I used to have..

Figured I'd thread it up and go from that point..

Next will be a stock change and PG to be put on it.. along with a modded G2 FCG..
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Update.. with KNS 0.52" front post on it, at 100 yards off the same Caldwell 'bag' today at the range.

With the mods as noted in my rebuild post near the top of this sub-forum..

2 mags. 5 rounds each and the 182gr with 'irons'. top group had 1 round just above the target strip..

Busted 2 more 'clays' today with the irons too within 2 shots at each..  

Overall happy with the 60+ year old surplus ammo.

Got 580 rounds thru her thus far..

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top