Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
nice work man, from one Michigander to another. I live in Ann Arbor; never been to the pit, need to check it out.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice bump on the 75 rnd drum.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You guys gotta lean into the PTR more, that thing is kicking your asses..heh
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhhhh the pit and a pit it is. Heres a pic of the "pit" without snow. McM

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do these shooting pits always end up as garbage dumps?  I try to pick up as much garbage as I can at these kinda places whenever I go to one.  Wish more people would make an attempt to pack out their own crap when they're done.  Gives shooters a bad rap IMO.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice shooting. The drum dump was great!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You guys gotta lean into the PTR more, that thing is kicking your asses..heh

lol, yeah it looks that way. Really like it though. Gonna replace the M4 stock with a fixed HK one and try it again. M4 was too high for good cheek weld.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Very nice! Y'all make me miss the snow.................a little
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:18:58 AM EDT
[#9]
GREAT job bumpin the drum.

But I thought we already talked about the 91 and its stock
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:01:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...snip..
But I thought we already talked about the 91 and its stock

We did, got a 91A2 stock on the way. That M4 stock beat my poor cheekbone to pulp, almost spoilt my good looks.

Also it is too high by about a 1/4"
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Why do these shooting pits always end up as garbage dumps?  I try to pick up as much garbage as I can at these kinda places whenever I go to one.  Wish more people would make an attempt to pack out their own crap when they're done.  Gives shooters a bad rap IMO.  

+1
Our range stays pretty clean for the most part, because each shooter picks up his/her targets and spent shells before they leave.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#12]
10 slugs is that all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Cool......
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:42:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I like that last 75 round magazine dump. 75 rounds in 8 seconds = 562.5 rounds per minute. Excellent bumpfiring! BigAKFan
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Great recoil control on the PTR-91 - care to spend a few minutes and let me know what you think of it so far?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Great recoil control on the PTR-91 - care to spend a few minutes and let me know what you think of it so far?

It is very linear in recoil as you can see. I am not even in a braced or forward stance and it does not climb. It is a bit more perceived recoil than an AR10 but less than a Garand, M1A, FAL, PSL or SVT40.

I believe the 100yd peep could be a bit bigger but otherwise the sights are fine.
I would like to do a paddle mag release on this rifle and am consulting with a guy to do a trigger job as it is very heavy/draggy now.

Muzzle blast is very low compared to AR10 also
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Our range stays pretty clean for the most part, because each shooter picks up his/her targets and spent shells before they leave.

The "Pit" is not a range persay, its a piece of state land where a lot of people go to shoot without the range Nazi's looking over your shoulder. Its a real shame that it gets so messy, everytime i go i load up my pick up with trash but i'm a minority as far as cleaning up my mess. local ar15.com guys meet up there for cleanup shoots and they usually fill up a construction dumpster. But it seems that the locals like to take their old washing machines and dryers, shoot em full of holes and leave them there. I think most of the mess thats up there are from locals. It takes me an hour to get there and i usually bring home a big load of trash, go figure. McM
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

The "Pit" is not a range persay, its a piece of state land where a lot of people go to shoot without the range Nazi's looking over your shoulder. Its a real shame that it gets so messy, everytime i go i load up my pick up with trash but i'm a minority as far as cleaning up my mess. local ar15.com guys meet up there for cleanup shoots and they usually fill up a construction dumpster. But it seems that the locals like to take their old washing machines and dryers, shoot em full of holes and leave them there. I think most of the mess thats up there are from locals. It takes me an hour to get there and i usually bring home a big load of trash, go figure. McM

That's great to hear motorcityman!  Wish there were more shooters like you out there!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is very linear in recoil as you can see. I am not even in a braced or forward stance and it does not climb. It is a bit more perceived recoil than an AR10 but less than a Garand, M1A, FAL, PSL or SVT40.

I believe the 100yd peep could be a bit bigger but otherwise the sights are fine.
I would like to do a paddle mag release on this rifle and am consulting with a guy to do a trigger job as it is very heavy/draggy now.

Muzzle blast is very low compared to AR10 also

Thanks for the reply - the rifle sounds like a winner (mags are inexpensive also). I assume fit and finish are very good...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#20]
sweet
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply - the rifle sounds like a winner (mags are inexpensive also). I assume fit and finish are very good...

I picked up 10 very good condition aluminum mags at a gun show yesterday for $30. Rare that you can buy a functionally fine gun part for that low amount.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#22]
This summer I saw a company selling g3 mags @ 2.00 each.

I think it was sportsmansguide.com ....I think...

ETA: Found 'em
www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG304-1618-1821.html
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]
someone had them for a dollar a piece but you had to buy fifty of them, someone will chime in on who had them. McM
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow, $1 a piece......craziness
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Ur gonna lose an eye! lol I wanna play to damnit
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top