Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/21/2010 7:41:04 PM EDT
Ordered a PK-AS optic from East Wave to complete my 5.45 Saiga conversion:

Pretty snazzy sight, though a bit expensive at $376 shipped.  I had worried that the left-offset would be a problem for left-handed shooting, but fortunately everything lines up with a lower jaw weld.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 5:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks great... is that the one here?

I've been wanting a PK-AS that is offset and the last time I checked Eastwave said they were out of stock and did not know when or if they were going to get any.

How long was the ship time through Eastwave?
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I've been wanting a PK-AS that is offset and the last time I checked Eastwave said they were out of stock and did not know when or if they were going to get any.

Yes, although I went through his original site Eastwave.ca

My PK-AS came quick... 10 business days direct from Belarus.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

10-14 days has been the norm for me from Belarus.  Don't quite understand the guys that said they waited 20+ days for their stuff, maybe some delay on the Belarusian end...

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, although I went through his original site Eastwave.ca

Thanks.

Looks like my wallet will be lighter soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one. Great little scope. You'll need to pull out and locktite the screws that hold the scope on the base. Mine constantly shook loose before I did, allowed the scope to wobble. My only complaint, which is likely a result of the side mount, is that it doesn't hold a zero between range sessions terribly well. If I don't bang it around too much it stays close, but I was expecting more from a hardy Russian optic.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Finally got the combo up to the range to sight in.  There were other people at the range that I had to work around, so I only managed to get it sighted in at 50 yards; will do the final 100 yard zero another day.  However, I was getting nice small 2" groups and my zero did not wander.

Sight-in was a bit of a pain due to the fact the manual doesn't tell you which direction to turn the knobs for elevation/windage and the awkward supplied wrench that barely clears the mount.  I was able to field strip and reassemble the rifle with the optic mounted, which is a plus.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Both of mine are very solid.  Didn't lose zero once.  Sight in is involved, but once done....

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Update:

Citibank is now tacking on a 3% fee for "foreign transactions".  They charged me $11.28 for the PayPal purchase.  Thank you "Credit Card Accountability, Responsibilty, and Disclosure Act"
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top