Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2004 9:08:57 PM EST
Who makes the synthetic folders that look just like the stock the seaks come with? Theyre sidefolders and they look just like the seak one not the one that looks like its 3 inches longer and folds the wrong way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:41:04 PM EST
Like this?

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:41:28 PM EST
Bulgaria and Russia make them, and they are also difficult to install just like the stocks found on AKS-74's. They're not cheap, I've seen them for around $250, you may be able to find them for less, though!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:52:42 PM EST
The one I was thinking of didnt have the large relief cut into it. It just had the little slot like the seaks have.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:46:33 PM EST
It's not actually a relief cut, it's where the scope rail sits when folded.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:31:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:47:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
Like this?

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media2/ak105_060b.jpg

not to get too far off topic,but that looks very much like my SAM-7s wih the exception of the muzzle device- and the stock (back on topic). I for one would like to get my SAMmy re-fitted-

any suggestions on the muzzle device (dont know if its technically a brake or FH) and the folder?
did you get it as it is, or did you modify?
TIA
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:36:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By redfisher:

Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:
Like this?

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/media2/ak105_060b.jpg

not to get too far off topic,but that looks very much like my SAM-7s wih the exception of the muzzle device- and the stock (back on topic). I for one would like to get my SAMmy re-fitted-

any suggestions on the muzzle device (dont know if its technically a brake or FH) and the folder?
did you get it as it is, or did you modify?
TIA

The rifle in that photo looks like a Russian AK-105, probably demil'd. The difference between it and your SAM-7 is more than the muzzle and stock: it has a completely different front end from the standard AK design, with a 12 inch barrel and a combined sight block/gas block. Even with the flash hider attached, the overall barrel length is under the minimum for non-NFA weapons. And given that your SAM-7 is built on a milled receiver, I highly doubt there's any easy way of switching to the side-folding stock, if at all.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:05:48 AM EST
Just so I'm understanding all this talk about folders, is there going to be a decent option available to convert the SEAK to a folder after the ban? I would entertain the idea if it didnt cost too much.
Top Top