Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 2:57:02 AM EDT
Im a newb to AKs but, I got someone telling me that during a build, you can use screws instead of rivots to mount the trunion to the receiver.  He says it actually is easier and works better in the long run.  Seems kinda shotty to me.  What do you guys think?  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
just use rivets it is much easyer
If you do a screw build and then do a rivet build you are going to kick your self in the ass for doing a screw build
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=80577

that is a thread about drive screws- the best type of build there is for simplicity sake imo.

its a great deal easier than rivets or other screws- you can always press the barrel and rivet later.
thats my suggestion.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top