Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2004 8:45:04 PM EDT

I just recently bought a Yugo SKS. After my first trip to the range, I realize I really need some sort of scope on it. It seems like it is good out to well over a hundred yards. Unfortunately, I can't say the same of my eyes. I am trying to figure out the best optics to get for it, and was wondering if anyone here had some other suggestions. Here are my options that I see so far:

1)  I am buying an ACOG for an AR I have. I was contemplating some sort of Pic. rail mounted on the receiver cover of the SKS, and just sharing the scope between the two rifles. I know the scope will be set up for 5.56 instead of 7.62, so the ranges will be off. Any other problems with this? Has anyone made a cover mounted rail setup, or will I need to make it myself?

2) If that isn't practical, I was thinking about the HITECH scope setup, since it comes with a new receiver cover, and the mount already installed. Does anyone have any experience with this one?  Any other recommended scopes?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Thanks, thats the scope I was considering, the compact 4x32.  Since I am pretty new to the SKS, I was wondering if there were any other ones to look at.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#3]
JL at surplus rifles has several discussions on scopes and mounts which might help.  

I'm mounting the Choate fixed model on my receiver now...but it helps to have the correct tools.  You need a good drill and some way to insure the correct angle.  I don't have a drill press, but I have a hefty 90 degree jig that fits my drill and has worked fine in the past on my guns.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top