Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 10:31:39 AM EDT
I found two places selling 10 rd .410 mags and 8 rd 12 ga mags. One is in Russia, one is in England. Would these be legal to purchase? Both will ship to the US.  I am afraid I would be hung as an importer of illegal arms.

Also, why would a guy in England have them? They can't even have guns! Monday I may call the ATF and get an official opinion. If I work up the nerve, I will post the results here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#1]
After the ban goes away, you will be able to import some for personal use if the total value is under $100.

Until then, no.

Actually, Shotguns are the last legal semi autos in the UK. The Saiga is .410 is popular, as people can use them in pistol caliber matches but its still considered a shotgun so it can be a semi.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish people would be carefull here!!!!

I have heard more than one mention, that the ATF boys stated, if any mags for the Saiga are brought in over 5 rounds, they will declare ithe Saiga a destructive device.. That means $200 tax stamp...

You need to be finding out before importing stuff... Don't ruin it for everyone.. 3 extra rounds aint worth $200 extra and all the red tape...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top