Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:56:16 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a new Saiga rifle (short barrel) in .223.

I like the way it handles and I like the price $270.  I read the thread about converting Galil mags to fit: excellent.

I would appreciate your thoughts and experiences with this rifle.  I am very tempted to buy it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I own one & Love every minute of it.
It shoots Great,  Always.

I have had mine for about 2 years.
I am just now collecting the parts for a pistol Grip conversion.
$270 Is exactly what I Paid for mine.
 Well actually i gave a Mauser and 200 bux

I love my AK
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I love mine and converted it for Galil mags. where else will you find a quality Rifle for under $300. It is worth the effort and work to convert them also.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The Galil Mags -
Is that just that piece of pipe to raise the feed ramp?

I havnt done it yet.
I am worried a bit

I dont want to screw p my rifle

Does yours still take the Factory 10 Rnd

How did you convert your saigas for Galil
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Awesome 10rd AK type Rifle.....................
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
BUY

Mine's 2moa on cheap wolf.

Getting them to full milspec style and lloking nice is not cheap, but casual conversions can be great runnign values.

I'm actually very surprised (in a good way) at how accurate this AK variant is.  It absolutely shines at offhand shooting once you do a conversion.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Awesome 10rd AK type Rifle.

Don't tell mine that, it already has a big enough ego just being a dang good high cap rifle, (after a little work).

After shooting a couple AKs that were "paper plate MOA", my 1st Saiga 223 was a pleasant surpise for accuracy.  Inexpensive to start with with tons of potential to modify later.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes the feed ramp is a cheap piece of pipe. LOL I purchased the fancy scmancy 5.56 ramp from KVAR but it would work. As far as the mags I just took a little of the side up front like you see in my post.
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=80909

The Saiga conversion sight is the info I used and it worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top