Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:20:26 AM EDT
Greetings All,

I would like to know the thickness of the receiver on a Saiga rifle. Also I am interested in the profile of the barrel. I have Romanian AK's (1mm receivers, light barrel) and Chinese AK's (1.5mm receivers, heavy barrel) and would like to know how the Saiga compares. Also, is it safe to assume that Saiga's have chrome lined bores?Lastly, I have seen some Saiga(?) conversions that have dimples in the magwell and others that don't

Thanks ,

Regards,
RRANMAR15
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure on my barrel but I believe my reciever is 1mm on my .223 someone may correct me though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Saigas normally come with no dimples. The ones with dimples are allegedly over runs from the military productions. I can't verify this info but there are a lot of differences in the Saiga receivers, dimples, cuts for the bullet guide and the Y dimples for the third pin hole. I read on one forum(can't remember which) that somebody had one with  the sear cut in the rail. The military rifles come out of the same factory so I guess some parts interchange is possible.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top