Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/28/2009 3:00:57 AM EDT
I have an out-of-state friend who's got one of these, & I've only shot w/ him once––-but how do ya'll like them? Has anyone shot slugs through them? How about optics mounting? I remember my friend had a open site on his, maybe a EO––but I forget how it was mounted. I'm thinking of getting one & having the barrel threaded for a rifled slug. Think this would be a fun brush blaster.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:05:52 PM EDT
I love mine

Did the PG conversion myself, then got Dinzag's HG retainer + set screw FSB and eventually the gas tube mod for the proper AK look. Recently picked up a Russian S12 flash hider to complete the look, though the photo only shows the muzzle nut.
I have a PK-AS red dot mounted but naturally you can put just about anything on the side rail.

Have only shot a handful of slugs for fun so far, but I've put about 50 rounds of 00 buck through it and it runs fine. I have the occasional problem of the trigger springs walking off but thats a minor issue and easily fixed. This isn't my SHTF weapon so maybe one day I'll get around to getting a different set of springs that reduce the likelyhood of it walking.

Other than that my S12 is an effin RIOT to shoot
Shotguns have always been cool but a mag fed AK version can't be beat.

Z

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:24:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 2:37:21 PM EDT by SOC]
I have 3.

One is NIB

One I use as a prototype for stuff. (Is becoming a bullpup and maybe a 10ga)

And then I have this.

Vid
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:41:13 AM EDT
Saiga 12 are awsome un ill you feed the cheap winchester universal rounds thought them
Top Top