Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:23 PM EDT
With the new imports on US soil it is time I started thinking about a Saiga-12. I'm looking to get the version with a 19" threaded barrel and a bolt hold open. I know I want to convert it to a pistol grip configuration, but this will be my first AK actioned weapon so I am not very familiar with the accessories availible.

So far, i'm thinking I want a SAW grip (I love the SAW grip), a VFG attached to some sort of rail and a folding buttstock. I've seen this particular buttstock on a few pictures about the web but no place selling it. The stock in question consists of two unbent metal bars that terminate in a rather thick butt plate. I think it is called a Krinkov folder but i'm not sure. Anyway, the main point of this post. Does anyone know what the approximate OAL of this configuration would be?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No one? Ok, well how long is a Saiga-12 with a 19" barrel when you get it from the importer?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The RAAC website lists the 19" S-12 with a 41" OAL.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Saiga-12 with the 19" fixed choke barrel and Bulgarian triangle style sidefolder. The OAL as measured by law is about 38". With the stock folded, it's about 27-28".
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#4]
check out saiga-12.com you will like it
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top