Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/13/2004 3:33:17 PM EST
Okay, now that it is "no ban" time, does any one know of any one/dealer selling the 8 round Saiga 12 shotgun magazines?

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:56:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:06:49 PM EST
I'm all ears !!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:53:05 PM EST
GOOD FREAKING QUESTION!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:35:59 PM EST
bumping.......

Any one!?

I don't want a drum.... a drum would be dangerouse.....as the BATF may deam a Saiga 12 w/ a drum a DD..... we don't want that.

Eight round mag is okay....heck, even a 10 ......

WELL!!!?!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:05:50 AM EST
A shameless bump for the AM people.......

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:14:13 PM EST
Well, I found the answer to my question on 8 round mags for the Saiga 12.....

Glocktalk post about it.....

To sum it up, people who contacted EAA about them inporting 8 round mags..... they said they will not. EAA will not bring in 8 round mags.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:12:44 AM EST
EAA doenst give two shits about bringing anything into the country other than sprting rifles, sporting shotguns, and sporting mags.

Try Tantal or contact a european member. You should have good luck through that avenue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:17:20 AM EST
On the Saiga-12.com site, they say the containers have been loaded and shipped from Russia. Give it a month or two and I am sure we won't be in any shortage.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:29:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By 3-7INFANTRY:
EAA doenst give two shits about bringing anything into the country other than sprting rifles, sporting shotguns, and sporting mags.

Try Tantal or contact a european member. You should have good luck through that avenue.

CDNN imports lots of nice 'non-sporting' stuff too...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:45:46 AM EST
Three q's.
1) does anyone have a right now source fotr the 5 rounders?
2) if an individual buys an 8 roundrer from a business in another country and they mail it to him here in the US, is that person "importing" and have they conceivably "imported a non sporting yada yada hello mr ATFE?"
3) Since you can modify a SPSA (or whatever mag to fit the Saigas), is there now a source for those 10 rounders?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:49:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:

To sum it up, people who contacted EAA about them inporting 8 round mags..... they said they will not. EAA will not bring in 8 round mags.

EAA has to worry about having the BATF somehow determining such a large capacity mag will turn the 12 guage into a (gasp!) destructive device!

Don't rag on EAA for this. They're trying to keep this gun importable so they can keep selling it and you can keep buying it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:52:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By bastiat:

Originally Posted By Kaliburz:

EAA has to worry about having the BATF somehow determining such a large capacity mag will turn the 12 guage into a (gasp!) destructive device!

Don't rag on EAA for this. They're trying to keep this gun importable so they can keep selling it and you can keep buying it.

I know... I'm not ragging on them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:18:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 2:50:17 PM EST by fook]
I ordered two eight rounders from a dealer in the UK last week. Received an e-mail confirmation on Saturday, as well as a call from the CC company to make sure this was not a fraudulent charge! They should be here in a couple of days.

I have a post in the Russian section concerning a mass purchase, but with 40 views and no responses I asked the mods to delete the post. This is the only place on the planet that claims to have them in stock.

Edited to add:

I bought the last eleven 5 rd. mags from a place in Maryland by the name of BTP Arms. They were $35 each.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:45:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 12:45:30 PM EST by Shooter521]
fook:

I ordered two of the 8-rounders from a UK dealer as well. Have not received a confirmation Email yet, nor has my card been charged. I understand that he sold out the day before I placed my order, and that more mags were due in about a week. I'm a patient guy.

They were expensive, but that's to be expected given low supply and high demand.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:00:33 PM EST
Yes, they are expensive, but so what. I pay $75 for a USAS 12 mag. After the first mag of empty hulls are laying on the ground it dosen't hurt anymore !
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:03:22 PM EST
I just ordered 5 of the 8rd mags from AndyArts on Ebay (he also supplied some of my hard-to-get Dragunov accessories). They'll be shipping direct from Russia and should be here within a month.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:21:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tomac:
I just ordered 5 of the 8rd mags from AndyArts on Ebay (he also supplied some of my hard-to-get Dragunov accessories). They'll be shipping direct from Russia and should be here within a month.
Tomac

Interesting......
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:56:55 PM EST
Just hope customs/DHS doesn't open your package...

It's illegal to import mags (ANY mags) without an approved Form 6.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:02:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/13/2004 8:13:51 AM EST by Shooter521]
Dave_A:

The ATF Form 6 states that components of Category1(a) firearms except barrels, cylinders, receivers and complete breech mechanisms(?) are exempt if the $ value is $100 or less per transaction. Category 1(a) firearms are described in 27 CFR as "Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18
inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms."

Please provide a link if you have different information.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:05:30 AM EST
Evidently customs did not get too upset about the contents when the package was opened for inspection. I know because the box has US Customs tape all over it, and an extra declaration sticker next to the one from the UK.

BTW, the laminated AKM p grip and handguards I also bought look like a perfect match for the RPK stock that I found in the Netherlands last year. Oleg is a really nice guy.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:23:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By Shooter521:
Dave_A:

The ATF Form 6 states that components of Category1(a) firearms except barrels, cylinders, receivers and complete breech mechanisms(?) are exempt if the $ value is $100 or less per transaction. Category 1(a) firearms are described in 27 CFR as "Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18
inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms."

Please provide a link if you have different information.

Thanks.

Every person I'd heard of who ordered mags from overseas paid over $100 each.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:06:52 PM EST
My total cost from AndyArts (Andrei) for 5 8rd mags shipped & insured was $422.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:31:56 PM EST
So, roughly $84.40 a mag...
Shipping is not cheap either from Russia...
so, i will estimate $60 for shipping... if its Air...
That brings it roughly to $72+/- per mag...
Man, I am in the wrong business

Y-
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:22:17 PM EST
Somebody is going to make a killing if the containers reach our shores. Be prepaired for the future start buyng the Saigas up as they will most surely be reclassified as a Destructive Device.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:34:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 6:36:14 PM EST by Kaliburz]

Originally Posted By 762minigun:
Somebody is going to make a killing if the containers reach our shores. Be prepaired for the future start buyng the Saigas up as they will most surely be reclassified as a Destructive Device.

Assuming a domestic source does not manufactuer a hi cap......

Or, someone imports them legally quietly and sells them via a gun board or gun show.... or other form.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:31:53 AM EST
762Minigun:

Blessing in disguise, for me... my state doesn't allow SBRs, but does allow large-bore DD's. So if that comes to pass, I'll gladly register my S-12 (no tax since it will be a grandfathered gun, just do the paperwork - that's what they did with existing Street Sweepers back in the day), then chop the barrel down to about 14" and build or buy the biggest drum mag I can. F*ck 'em.

I think as long as no stateside retailer is importing the 8rd mags, nobody is using them in a non-922(r) compliant S-12, and no dumbf*ck builds a drum, we'll be OK. Small numbers of 8rd mags brought in by enterprising individuals isn't gonna show up on BATFE's radar.

Top Top