Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 5:34:37 PM EDT
I had my rifle disassembled, and the safety came out, and when i put it back in, the safety is now stuck on safe and the trigger appears to be depressed and the actual lever is stuck in and it wont come out.. any suggestions??
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounded like you got too ambitious and decided to take the FCG apart. Follow this link for instructions on how to put things back together.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured it out, one of the springs fell off the axis pin... i put it back on and its fine.. But the whole reason I was messing with it is that my safety is not going up all the way unless i cock the gun
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
oops...talked too soon...good job fixing your rifle!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, that problem is fixed.. But I still want to know why my safety wont go up unless the gun is cocked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Not enough clearance for the caming surfaces of the trigger and the safety??? That would be my guess on the cause preventing the safety from going all the way up.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not enough clearance for the caming surfaces of the trigger and the safety??? That would be my guess on the cause preventing the safety from going all the way up.

put that in dumbass terms please...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]

BTW, if that is the case, take some material away from the safety caming area and not from the trigger’s. Note that I said the caming area of the safety (the part that actually rubs against the caming surface of the trigger. Don’t take material from the entire bottom surface of the “post.”) Go slow and take away a little at a time. Just enough material to allow the safety to go all the way up and still allow absolutely no reward movement of the trigger when the safety is engaged. Failing to do it correctly can get you or someone else killed. It’s best done by a qualified gunsmith. (There’s my disclaimer. LOL! Free advise on the Internet is just that- cheap)
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
STOP-HAMMER TIME
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top