User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 7:10:35 AM EDT
Anyone ever use them?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my SAR-3. It works well and allows much more leverage than the Krebs model.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had one on my SAR-1 and feel the same way as Thekatar. I had the Krebs safety awhile back and the SWIFT is sooo much better. Of course the AK purists will have a different opinion.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Of course the AK purists will have a different opinion.

That would be me.
With a little practice, the stock AK safety is very easy to work, and with your hand on the grip while you do it. You can also use your thumb depending on how your holding the rifle. My complaint with the add on safeties and mag releases is the protruding, sharp edges, that can hang up on things and inadvertently dump the mag or knock the safety off, not to mention, tear up your hands if your not careful. This doesnt really apply to the Krebs safety, since its more of a bump than something hanging out there. If you take the time to learn how to work the gun, I think you will find it's not all that difficult. It's really not the guns fault if you cant work it. If your into bolting on all sorts of gizmo's on your gun, kindly disregard all the above and carry on.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#5]
How does the safety work lefthanded?  Can you manipulate it with your thumb?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How does the safety work lefthanded?  Can you manipulate it with your thumb?

Not unless you have monkey thumbs. It's really made for righties and it's activated with the trigger finger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The bolt hold-open notch would be nice if you didn't want to break the rifle all the way down I suppose. But definetly not needed.

I may get one when I have some  money to burn.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Who sells the bolt hold open notch?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#10]
It's an option on the Blackjack lever. Mine has the notch - it works. I use it to keep the bolt held back when the range is cold.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good stuff, although I found that I can't use the bolt hold open notch with a Buffer Tech buffer installed.

Use a Dremel and make one yourself.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought about that. Would probably be very easy to do. Just might mess some extra blueing up.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top