Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:18:36 AM EDT
OK, what do you guys think of the new STK6 stock for an SKS?????????????

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it, but don't think it can be added to any SKS that hasn't been converted to "US made" instead of imported (the 10 or less rule).

If you add this to an imported SKS - even with fixed mag- it is considered adding a pistol grip & folding stock (I believe) and it becomes a 922 violation.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Hell....75% of all SKs right now are in violation......its not something Id worry about ...its easy to add more US made parts. 99% of cops or feds dont know a violation if it crawled up there collective asses and died..
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You're probably right -  there are many out there that are in violation. It's almost impossible for any of us to tell what the law means or if a certain gun is in violation, I imagine it's just as tough for LEOs to tell. Unfortunately, the burden of proof that it's legal is on us, not them.

I haven't heard of any prosecutions and imagine it would only be used to add sentencing if you committed a crime with such a weapon. That said, I'm much too paranoid to chance it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It's funny - even the SKS shown in their pic advertising the T6 appears to be illegal. I don't believe you can beat the 10 parts game without replacing the existing 10 round mag, and they still have the stock mag on it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think a collapsing and a folding stock are in the same category. Folding stocks you can get completely out of the way for easier "hip shots" if you happen to be shooting all over the place for no apparent reason other than to make noise, where as a collapsing  stock you can only shorten to about the length of a regular wooden sks stock... but you can also extend it incase someone who doesnt have 1 foot long arms wants to shoot the gun (which was apparently the target audience for the normal SKS stock).
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Friends don't let friends Tapcoize their SKS's
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]
ar15/m4.... yes. sks.... no.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:51:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]

If it's functional and worth having on the AR, then why wouldn't it be functional and flexible on an SKS? I guess if you're only into a gun for looks your statement would be right, but...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If it's functional and worth having on the AR, then why wouldn't it be functional and flexible on an SKS? I guess if you're only into a gun for looks your statement would be right, but...

well to each his own i guess...it's your money to spend how you like but, it just is beyond the spirit of the SKS. it just isn't what's supposed to be on there. it's like...putting those tiny little low-profile tires on your pickup. sure it works and everything, and you can do it if you want to spend the money...but it just isnt what's supposed to be on there.

so all in all, buy it if you want, but that's why i (and many others here) will not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#12]

well to each his own i guess...it's your money to spend how you like but, it just is beyond the spirit of the SKS. it just isn't what's supposed to be on there. it's like...putting those tiny little low-profile tires on your pickup. sure it works and everything, and you can do it if you want to spend the money...but it just isnt what's supposed to be on there.

so all in all, buy it if you want, but that's why i (and many others here) will not.

I got ya. I think of this more like adding a 4 barrel carb onto a V8 that originally had only a 2 barrel.

I have four stock SKS's sitting here that are completely original, matching #s and all and I won't mess with them, but I don't mind tinkering with one or two others that were mismatched or missing original parts to begin with.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The SKS is a front heavy gun as it is. I have tried the folding stock on mine and it was very hard to keep the front up. I am not against modifying the SKS, I have the Fiberforce stock on mine. Plus IMHO, the STK6 stock on an SKS looks kinda stupid. Here's mine.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think of this more like adding a 4 barrel carb onto a V8 that originally had only a 2 barrel.

That's right.  Friends don't let friends use 2V carbs.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I got the new tapco catalog in the mail yesterday.The spirit of buba must be getting to me cause I can see me buying one of those stocks in OD green soon
Also they do sell an entire kit of US made parts to beat the import rule,including this stock
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Another awesome old gun has lost it's sole thanks to Bubba's and Tapco's tacticrap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Another awesome old gun has lost it's sole thanks to Bubba's and Tapco's tacticrap

Haha, what a goof.

Some people are precious about their guns, others like to set them up the way they like them. I think the Tapco telescoping stock was a great improvement on my AK, far better than the too-short buttstock that was on it. Not to mention half the AKs I see on here are butt ugly with mismatched wood that looks like crap.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Another awesome old gun has lost it's sole thanks to Bubba's and Tapco's tacticrap.

That reminds me,I also want to get one of the new reciever covers with the tactical tri rail,for the dot site,laser,and flashlight
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Oldtroop.My brother just put that very same stock on his Romy SKS.
It's actually pretty comfortable.
He loves the hell out of it.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top