Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2006 4:12:10 PM EDT
6 weeks ago my rifle was sent back to global trades for warranty due to improper installation of the center support pin which backed out after 120rd. I finally got it back Friday and took it out today and it's still broken. The hammer would come forward with little tension and so the firing pin is only making a small ding to the primer. Global Trades will proably take another 6 weeks to fix the problem and I'm not happy with their CS. Since this is my first AK and I need to shoot it before the Summer is over, so what is causing the problem? Any help is appreciated.

The top is an old casing and the bottom is the unfired bullet.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the hammer spring installed correctly?  Have you tried replacing it?
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I can see the hammer spring is installed correctly and this is a the same spring that was working before. I did email Jimmy at global trades about my dissatisfaction of their service and I will take it to a gunsmith tomorrow and have him look at it. Regarding the original problem, a local gunsmith offer to fix the problem for $30 and I contacted global trades if they agreed to pay him. They said no because it's under warranty and paid UPS to ship my gun both ways. Just have to wait so see what global trades will do next.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You take good pictures. How about taking off the topcover and recoil spring and giving us some pictures of hammer back, hammer down, and hammer down without the carrier in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Hammer up.

Hammer down.

Hammer down without carrier.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, it looks fine to me. I can't see the engagement to the back of the firing pin, but it's good, right? Otherwise I don't know what to tell you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top