Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/13/2005 1:04:49 PM EDT
Just got back from the range. I am impressed! After shooting the Mossin for nearly a year I was expecting 2/3rds the felt recoil, but it was not even close. What a fun shooter too! The PSL shot 3 shot groups consistantly at 1 MOA and if I let it sit about 5 minutes between shots to cool I got 1/2 MOA, well, more like 5/8ths but I'm eyeballing. Not bad considering I'm shooting surplus ammo I paid less then 9 cents a round for. Shooting 5 shot groups with rounds back to back opened the group size to over 6" at 100 yards, and got the barrel too hot to touch.

Anyway, after this I'm set on the 1P21 scope. The scope/mount combo I was using would need about a 15-30 minute wedge to be properly sightable. As it was I was shooting about 3" low at 100 yards. By the time I got out to 600 it would drop the point of impact about 2 feet.

Also on the down side, it damaged the neck on almost every piece of brass it shot. One of the reloaders at the range suggested it might b the ejector, but based on the mark the bolt made on the top of the brass the crush is near the bottom, not to one of the sides.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What country of origin on the surpluss ammo?  And what weight projectile?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
It's Albanian, 146 grain steel core.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Fired mine this weekend using Czech and Polish 147gr stuff.  Slight kick but nothing compared to my Garand.  Iron sights were about 4" right @50yrds (with about 1/16 of an inch of the windage barrel sticking out right), but dead center on elevation.  The 8x42D scope was another problem altogether.  Started out extremely high and wide right.  After loosening /removing the cap screws, I had it maxed out on elevation (down) and windage (right) and I was still hitting 8" high and 12" right.  Checked the base and it seemed solid.  I am hoping this is a scope thingy, but the windage could be the rifle...  Any thoughts on what I might try here?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, the reticle was basicly all the way to the right side of the scope.  We got so tired of this that we ended up just leaving the screws out and just turing the black cap.  After going to the edges of the scope, the black cap will not turn any more.  BTW, will removing the two cap screws cause any sort of problems?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top