Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
Folks - is it possible to change out the barrel and where does one find a decent replacement? Home job or does it need to be sent out?
Rifle overall is in pristine shape - appears the barrel was never cleaned after firing and old man corrosion did his evil deed.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 6:35:33 PM EDT by ozzy_the_nuke]
That shouldnt have happened. I would have thought the barrel was chrome lined. Must have been a bad barrel. It was most likely a used barrel to start with. Here is some history on the SLR-100H. SLR-100H

Anyway. The barrel assembly can be easily replaced by someone with experience and the right tools. If you know what you are doing, you could do it with not much more than a hammer and some punches. If you arent an experienced builder, I would recommend taking it to one (not just any old gunsmith). Part of replacing the barrel will involve getting the headspace correct. Also, getting a barrel in and out of a milled receiver is a little harder (depending on your tools) than on a stamped receiver because the back of the receiver gets in the way.

Almost any standard com bloc barrel will fit (not Yugo or Chinese). This is one option k-var. Or you could get a Romanian or Hungarian kit, use the barrel and sell off the rest.

You might be able to shoot it as is. Corroded barrels often shoot just fine.

The other option is to sell the rifle as is. The receiver is probably worth as much as the entire gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:51:17 PM EDT
Thanks mate - I think she was put up for a bit w/o cleaning
Top Top