Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/15/2003 7:24:19 AM EDT
Saw one at a show today, what is this model.

It has the Bulgy 74 style break on it which I assume has been added.

The owner said it had been crytogenicly (sp) treated because he wanted to use it as a match gun.

He was asking $600

Is this a converted low cap model?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Ober,
cryogenic treatment has been around a while and I checked this out with ArmaLite's management maybe a year ago and their consensus was that treatment did nothing to further accuracy.  Also they were quick to add cryogenic treatment caused no harm !!  I guess I'm saying that if I were trying to establish value I would count the cryogenic treatment as neutral.

I understand the main point of your topic was help with the model number and there I don't have a clue.

Edited to add: I'm heading over to my daughters place for a "father's day" breakfast but did a very quick search:

Maybe Arsenal Bulgaria was the manufacturer - the importer Intrac - Blue Ridge Gunworks, Ft Mill Tenn previously sold this AK - maybe Gordon Tech had some involvement - one guy advertising he WTB due to reliability and accuracy - and one guy posting a pic showing  typical AK funiture and the gun with a 30-round mag inserted.

Also one guy had a Bulgarian kit and was looking for an American receiver.

Not much help but that's a quick summary.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Usefull information never-the-less. Thanks.

The guys gave more info than I put into the post, but he wne tinto detail about he had about $1,200 into it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]
From Ak-47.net

SLR-100H *Discontinued*
(Photo: Mack8384)
This "classic" looking AK-47 is built using Hungarian AK-47 parts on brand new Bulgarian millled receivers. These were built for Intrac by 4 different builders, Ohio Ordnance, Blue Ridge, MSC, and Gordon Technologies. G-Tech units appear to have the best quality overall, others were reportedly having worn out barrels, cracked stock, etc. This is one of the rare versions of AK-47 Type III.

Here is the pic: www.gunsnet.net/album/data/3033/7747SLR-100H.jpg
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I checked out the links and had a friend go back and look at the rifle.  It has no marings on it other than SLR-100H.  According to the links, if it has no markings as to who made it, it is a "home built" rifle as many of the parts were sold as kits.

I had my friend pass on it only to find a NIB MAK-90 for $300 for me.  Don't know what the hell I'm going to do with another one, but he knew I wouldn't want to pass up the price.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one from Gordon Tech. It accepts standard full cap. mags. Love the rifle!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 3:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:18:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I will see the guy again to take a look at the gun.  It had a bugy AK-74 break / FSB.  There were other modifications he said he had made to it, but they seamed odd when he was telling me about it.  The story was that he was elling it for a rich friend who had put about $1,200 into it for use in service rifle matches.

I just thought something seamed odd.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top