Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/31/2003 6:18:46 PM EDT
Well, got my 'D up and shooting pretty well with these converted 15rnd .223 Norinco mags. The trigger though is about to kill me. Its like pulling a springloaded pin on a weight machine. Pull isnt an adaquate description, its more of a gritty travel with a sharp notch at the end. Ccccccpop...chunk-BOOOM. AK triggers are easy enough to work on but is there any hope for this beast? Its a matching D model, so I cant just switch the group out, I already thought about that. Anyone?

Also interested, anyone ever re-barreled an SKS?
I've been tossing around the idea of using 6mm PPC as its based on 7.62x39 and would work in the magazine and bolt. I'd just need someone to turn me a new barrel. Not cost effective, but highly entertaining.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Plateshooter turned me on to this - go to Brownells and look up "969-301-900".  It's a reduced power spring kit for the SKS.  Makes the trigger feel a whole lot better and it's only $9 ($6 if you have a C&R).
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if its the springs. The trigger feels like metal grinding on metal.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:37:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:02:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Why not put some fine rubbing compound on the surfaces, blast a few and see if it improves?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top