Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 7:35:58 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm about ready to send in my order for a SEAK.  However, I don't think I'm going to get the custom engraving (I like things a little more generic).  What are the other engravings/markings on the receiver?  Could anybody post closeup pics of their receiver (sides/bottom)?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
BOB-O

not around my digital camera or I would show you a pic however, the engraving is so light that unless you know where it is located, you cant see it.  It is very very light and thats fine with me.  Maybe my engraving job was done lighter then others but it prolly makes no difference noticibly if you have it done or not

CoLd
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Where is it located? I looked around on mine and didn't see any.

Link Posted: 5/13/2004 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Back of receiver by buttstock.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]
In my opinion,  the engraving:   "Limited Edition AK-74"  "#37 of 200"...,  gives  the rifle the unique distiction of being 1 of 200 custom built "Correct" AK-74 Rifles.  Which , in my mind  will probably merritt a few extra bucks down the road if it is ever sold!!

If all the SEAKS turn out as AWESOME as mine did,  the "SEAK  Rilfle " just may end up being a desirable collectors piece.., as well as a serious shooter!!!

Without the engraving......, there's no real proof that it is a "SEAK Rifle"  it might as well be just another run-O-the mill AK-74 to a potential buyer!!

Just my opinion

RU4FREEDOM -- out
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top