Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2004 5:46:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 9:01:57 PM EST by Orange_Neck]
I know, I know- bad pun but I just couldn’t resist. Though, I had been seeking a range session with the SEAK which finally became a reality today.

Here’s the SEAK I purchased from Irish317 and its buddy, the Makarov, in unissued condition. Both I picked up from my FFL this week. Irish317 (Sean) is a great guy to deal with. I would not hesitate to purchase anything from him again if I can talk him into selling off some more of his toys.

OK, here's the range report-

Weather condition: just plain awful- low 80s and humid. The initial 25 meter zeroing session was done in heavy downpour. I didn’t let that get my spirit down though. As the Vietnam vet at the next table said, “it’s just the condition the AK is designed for.” Despite the downpour, the first 3 shots were just about right on top of each other. That’s impressive for a battle rifle costing slightly over half the cost of my AR. Though, they were low and to the left. It took just a few more shots to move the POI to the center.

Now, let’s see if it can keep up with the AR out at 100 meters- I thought. While it took me a few more shot than the 25-meter sight-in session to walk the elevation to the 10 ring, it was doing 5 MPI (2 MOAish). Keep in mind the rain is still heavy and I cannot see the target as clearly as I could have on a clear day. It would not surprise me if the shot group closes up even tighter in fair weather. This speaks volumes to the folks at ORF for putting together a quality product.

I did have a bad FTE with the Wolf rounds that I was using for plinking. The zeroing was done with Barnaul. I found the Barnaul rounds to be more consistent and more predictable. That Wolf round was jammed so badly I had to use a cleaning rod to drive it out of the chamber. No, I was not bump firing (don’t know how yet). I was firing about 1 to 2 rounds per second in the prone position when the FTE happened. Once the jam was cleared, the SEAK just kept on banging away.

I didn’t find the RSA two stage trigger noticeably better than the stock FCG of my Arsenal Inc. SA M-7. Though in fairness, the M-7 was not on hand for an accurate comparison. Frankly, I don’t believe the fancy RSA FCG has a place in a battle rifle which the SEAK clearly is.

What can I say about the Mak- it’s a typical commie design- nothing fancy, reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:49:35 PM EST
nice seak
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:16:31 AM EST
Hey Ken,
Thanks for the compliments! Glad you were able to get out to the range! Fun little gun .
Talk to ya soon,
Sean
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:38:49 AM EST
Looks nice! I really like the matching range box...............plumb furniture, plumb range box!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:45:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By QUIB:
Looks nice! I really like the matching range box...

Right on, man. It's all about color coordination. Just because one is a manly dude does not mean he should not shoot in style.
Top Top