Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2004 5:37:19 PM EDT
I recently picked up a SEAK from a board member, Great gun, Shoots great.
The problem I have is the safety does not fully engage & With the safety on if you press on the trigger it will slip off!
I heard there was a fix for this issue posted, Can someone please Repost it so I can make a repair!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:19:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The safety tab was deliberately left too long where it engages the FCG.  All you need to do is remove the safety lever and lightly file the end of the safety tab until it engages properly. HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies
Tomac, WHY did they leave the safety tab too long where it engages the FCG?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#5]
So you can custom fit it to the RSA FCG.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I would think that ORF would do that,
Selling a gun with a safety that slips off With product liability laws being what they are!

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
No.   The told everyone who bought it they were.   You need to custom fit it to the type of trigger pull you want.   That is why they did it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:13:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would think that ORF would do that,
Selling a gun with a safety that slips off With product liability laws being what they are!

TRS is right on this one.  They left it as such so that you could determine for yourself exactly how much movement you wanted in the trigger when the safety was fully engaged.  Personally, I like my trigger with no movement when the safety is up but some people like some movement.  By doing the safety in that fashion, ORF allowed the buyer to get the safety exactly to his wishes.  Not a bad idea in my book.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the Tapco G2 FCGs and installed them in both my SEAKs. Whereas the safety tab would have needed filing to fit the ORF-installed RSA FCGs I found that *no* modification of the safety tab was needed after installing the G2s. If ORF (or I) had modified the safety tab to work properly with the RSA FCG then the safety tab may have been too short to adequately engage the G2 FCG. No complaints here, I'm a happy camper.
Tomac
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top