Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/15/2003 1:47:25 PM EDT
I have two questions that I hope can be answered by one of you AK veterans on this board:

1.  What US parts are used in SAR rifles to comply with 922?

2.  Does anyone make a muzzle brake that can be used on an SAR-1 or SAR-3 and installed with set screws or by some other means that do not require a threaded barrel, a threaded FSB, or welding?  I see pin-on brakes all over the place for an SKS, why not for an AK?  I'm looking for an AK-74 style brake that I can install without a trip to a welding shop or machine shop.

Thanks.

Bob  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Gas piston, pistol grip, hammer, trigger, sear.

I still suggest the welding shop trip, and parts from ak-103.com which are great on my SAR1.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
If you add an american stock set, that helps too.check this site out and send them an e-mail. I know they did carry the breaks for the SAR's.  www.solsticearms.com this one to. www.dynasystems-ltd.com  look under products
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top