Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2003 11:04:32 AM EDT
Hi, I'm seriously considering buying a SAR-1 to add to my growing collection of rifles. My las purchase was a HK91 clone that has been a bit of a battle to keep in line with the US parts count req. Part of it was the 3 pieces contained within the mag were enough to drive it over 10 forgien parts, and I really wanted to avoid changing out followers and floorplates in all of them so I could use some quality furniture (most the US made stuff is CRAP!). Anyways, what I'm wondering is with a SAR will I have this issue with mags because a lack of quality US made parts to subsitute?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No problems with the SAR series.  Just load up any commie mag and have fun shooting.  There are enough parts replaced in the gun to make up for it.  No need to change anything.

On another note, there is in no way a lack of quality U.S. made parts available for the AK type rifle.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... It pissed me off to no end that I paid about twice as much as an SAR1 for a HK91 clone, and I still had to replace many things THEN go with a thermold mag just to keep my parts count legal.. And it had function issues that I'm still not shure are completely recitified.. >:( ARG!
< /rant>
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Aks tend to be cheap.  Thats the good part abou them.  In the end, it will still work better than any HK91.

The HK rifles are hit and miss. Some work, some don't.  Mine work, but I don't ever shoot them because I don't like them.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good.. Imma catch hell when I bring home yet another rifle.. LOL
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Like the rest of us, you'll get used to it, or your wife will give up.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top