Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
Help!  Took brand-new SAR-1 to range today.  Shot to the right and I bent the TAPCO windage tool (!) and it still hasn't budged.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
MR2
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC...

some had crooked sights, and if you said it's 'new' ?

Call Century, they'll probably fix it for free.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
71DL and Rot Dorn

Thanks for replies.  That's exactly what I did, use sockets.  Only I adapted a steering wheel puller, 'cause I didn't have a vise big enough.  Someone else recommended the B-Square tool but looking at their website and remembering the torque I had to put on that puller with a medium-size ratchet, I doubt the B-Square was hefty enough for the job either.  More money down the tube.  Nice thing about the puller is I also used it to bend the TAPCO tool back in shape.

I was hoping that having broken the drum loose, I would then be able to use the TAPCO tool.  No deal.  The drum still requires the puller/socket juggling act even after I completely pushed out the tool and handsanded it with #400 for a couple of minutes.

This is one hands-on, audience-particpation "some-'smithing-required" gun.

Regards,
MR2
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top