Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/24/2007 9:36:04 PM EST
I have a Sar-1 and would like to have it dressed up a bit. I want an AK-103 set up with E. German furnature. Also a refinish of the gun itself along with a new trigger group.

What outfit would you guys suggest to do the mods?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 3:41:01 AM EST
You could do it yourself easily enough. Brownells Alumihyde 2 for finish (requires no oven, surprisingly tough finish). Tapco G2 trigger group. If you use the E.German furniture you'll be short a US part - may need to find some US followers or floorplates for your magazines.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:04:07 AM EST
Brownells paint or go to auto parts store and get a can of non chlorinated brake parts cleaner,strip gun of furniture and spray down and let dry,then get a can of Dupli color 1200 degree flat black engine paint and give it about 3-4 coats,snad wood furniture down and use a nice medium oak stain and give it 3 coats,then when dry use Satin finish Deft spray and give it another 3 coats,And you will have a very ddurable long lasting,very nice finish!!Tapco G2 trigger,do it yourself not hard to do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:25:42 AM EST
I've used the hi-temp engine paint before and it ended up flaking off quite easy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 4:29:28 AM EST
I just refinished a SAR-2, blast all the meatal down bake on coat of moly teflon and a dura coat in top of that. A good friend of mine has a small business refinishing. I would look for something like this will never rust cant even scratch the shit off.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 1:14:25 PM EST

go to auto parts store and get a can of non chlorinated brake parts cleaner,strip gun of furniture and spray down and let dry,then get a can of Dupli color 1200 degree flat black engine paint and give it about 3-4 coats

I did the same thing on a Maadi, but used high temp bar-b-que pit paint (black). It actually looked good and hasn't scratched off or flaked with use:

Top Top