Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/2/2004 5:24:44 PM EST
Well, I found one for $375. I could not resist. I had one back during the ban but, now I have some after ban queations. I want a folder. My understanding is that ther furniture is Romanian made and therefore, any foreign stock can replace it. So what is the deal on the Romanian side folders.

Keep in mind that I may put optics on it. While I am on that subject, what is the best PSO type scope out there? I am keeping a very open mind about the scope. I want something compact and light (possibly a point sight).

Last question. I want to replace the foreend furniture with some composite. Which should I get? What about that forend with the picatinny rail? Where did I see it and is it well made?

Thanks alot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:11:30 PM EST
You are correct that the furniture is not US so parts count is not an issue. The side folders can be found at about any gun show for around $40. I personally do not like them as there is absolutely no cheek weld at well. However, they do look cool as hell. if you can find an underfolder kit with a trunion that would be the way to go. As far as a composite stock set goes, try K-Var, very good reputation.

This set here seems to have everything that you are looking for. Here is a link.....K-Var.com

http://www.k-var.com/images/AK-157BUS-GP.jpg

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:22:25 PM EST
As far as a scope, get a Kobra. It is a red dot scope that mounts right to the rail. Don't know where to get one, but they are good scopes. Sure you can find them via a search, or somebody will be along with a link.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:36:48 PM EST
As far as I know the pistol grip on romanians are a US part. I have the same stock set as above but with a Tapco SAW pistol grip and I love it. As for the folding stock it does take a little while to get used to doesnt really affect my ability to shoot. Also Im not sure what the above set goes for but I picked mine up for about $70 shipped and that seems to be a pretty average price but probably a little higher due to the Tapco grip which I highly suggest since it replace the storage compartment lost when removing the original stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:19:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 6:47:50 PM EST by Hatchet36]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:48:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By mywifehatesguns:
You are correct that the furniture is not US so parts count is not an issue. The side folders can be found at about any gun show for around $40. I personally do not like them as there is absolutely no cheek weld at well. However, they do look cool as hell. if you can find an underfolder kit with a trunion that would be the way to go. As far as a composite stock set goes, try K-Var, very good reputation.

This set here seems to have everything that you are looking for. Here is a link.....K-Var.com

www.k-var.com/images/AK-157BUS-GP.jpg

That package from K-Var is no longer available.
Top Top