Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2003 7:06:14 PM EDT
I have a SAR-1 and the SAR-2 is on the way. I need help with muzzlebreaks for both. I would like to put a slant break on the SAR-1 and the 74 style break on the SAR-2. After reading through the posts here I think I would be best served price wise to purchase a 14/1LH thread kit and thread the barrels and install the appropriate breaks. Am I on the right track here? I am not a machinist and I have never used a die in my life, so I am worried about ruining the guns. I do not want the set screw versions. Do I need to purchase the pins for my FSB to lock on the breaks? Do I need to solder after installation? Is there anybody out there from Ohio who can thread these so I don't have to buy a thread kit? Where do I get the thread kit I need? Sorry to cover ground that may have been addressed here before but since I have the two guns to put breaks on, I wanted to go the most cost effective way. Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Why on earth would you want something broken on your muzzle?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:20:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not want my brake to become a break. I hope to find the help I need from the forum. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
dynasystems-ltd.com   Sar1 14x1, Sar2 should thread 1/2x28. It is very easy to thread with the die. You have to get the thread alignment tool to get it on straight. The FSB is the proper way to go with the Sar2. It avoids the need to weld it on. If you have never threaded anything it might be safer to send it to Global. CB
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top