Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:59:09 PM EDT
Okay so I bought a used SAR1 today and noticed that the firing pin was really stuck. I took a part the bolt and noticed that the firing pin was slightly bent and the edges were hanging on the inside of the bolt. They actually only hung if the firing pin was placed "CORRECTLY" inside the bolt. If you turned the pin 180 degrees then it moved freely but you could not get the retaining pin into place. ANyway I filed down the edges of the firing pin and now it moves freely, but I would like to replace it with a new one. Do you know of any good links? And will any firing pin do?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use any AK firing pin,but you may have already fixed the problem.I'd keep a spare on hand anyway,does it look like it'll protrude past the bolt face enough for a good primer strike?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:10:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can use any AK firing pin,but you may have already fixed the problem.I'd keep a spare on hand anyway,does it look like it'll protrude past the bolt face enough for a good primer strike?

yeah it looks fine now. I'm just wondering how it got bent in the first place and why it would bind in the channel of the bolt if it was in the right way but would ride free if it was in incorectly. Could the bot channel be warped?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Chances are,the previous owner did'nt know shit about how to re-assemble an AK bolt,or someone purposefully made it in-operatable.People do strange things.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Or, it could have been rough edges left from manfacturing.  The Romys are not known for being pretty.  But they are functional.  I love mine.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top