Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 5:03:10 PM EDT
I am getting a like new SA93 and have a really nice Bulgarian wood set for it. My question is,, should I de-ban it, as in thread the barrel? Or should I leave it alone. Besides looks what is the advantage of de- banning,,would it increase the value much? And is there someone here in this site that does this work at a fair price? One more thing,, the Bulgarian wood I have is for a stamped receiver,,will it fit?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd say leave it as is except for replacing the butthole stock and then do so with 1 tang ironwood furniture so that you don't have to add an extra tang and no a stock for a stamped receiver won't work on a milled receiver
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no collector value in the ban compliant abortions.  I would be putting that thing back into the form it was intended to have as fast as I could without a second thought.  The SA93s are really solid rifles, have a great barrel and  receiver, and are worth some decent money so long as they are not beat to hell.  If anything, making it look like a real AK will probably increase its value but will most certainly increase your shooting enjoyment.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top