Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:05:45 PM EDT
I will be aquiring a SA2000M Hungarian AK ...its a single stack, low capacity rifle right now. I have seen a few posts online discussing how to mill out the bottem, as you do on low cap WASRs to make it accept high cap AK mags....is this a difficult process? What choices do I have for furniture on it? I believe its a slant cut reciever, so im pretty much limited to thumbhole stocks correct? What is a rifle such as this in its stock configuration worth? The few mags that come with the gun are the only type that fit it (regular AK mags wont, nor will single stack AK mags), and these mags have weak springs which misfeed if you load more than 5 of 10 rounds at a time into the mags. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:46:51 AM EDT
?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 10:51:19 AM EDT by TheRedHorseman]
I purchased one a few years back for $250, great rifle, I never had misfeeds with it even when loaded to 10 rounds. Ironwood designs makes a slant cut receiver stock set(though the factory choate set is pretty nice and). if I'm not mistaken you will need to take out the factory selector stop as it is too thick to let it work with normal AK mags. then just slap a template on and carefully trim out the mag well.

EDIT: unfortunately mine was stolen before I could do the magwell mod
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:01:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
I purchased one a few years back for $250, great rifle, I never had misfeeds with it even when loaded to 10 rounds. Ironwood designs makes a slant cut receiver stock set(though the factory choate set is pretty nice and). if I'm not mistaken you will need to take out the factory selector stop as it is too thick to let it work with normal AK mags. then just slap a template on and carefully trim out the mag well.

EDIT: unfortunately mine was stolen before I could do the magwell mod

do you have any links to info sources for modifying the rifle into high capacity? Hopefully a friend of mine will be able to make the needed modifications.

Thanks for the reply.

I heard that the Hungarian rifles fit and finish are some of the best out there.
Top Top