BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2011 10:09:53 AM EDT
Look who's sporting the TWS top cover. A customer emailed these to me today.

Image Source
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you remember sending these to russia or somewhere in europe?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

One of the purists on this site should e-mail their beloved "keep that crap off my AK" pic to the FSB and let them know that they are doing it all wrong.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Do you remember sending these to russia or somewhere in europe?

No, we don't export.  They must have taken them out of the US in a diplomatic pouch or some other method. Remember, these guys are the old KGB spies so that's nothing for them to do.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

One of the purists on this site should e-mail their beloved "keep that crap off my AK" pic to the FSB and let them know that they are doing it all wrong.

Ha ha,  too funny.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

lol yeah and make sure they ar 922r compliant.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I see a lot of US equipment. I wonder how that works.

If its the actual solider acquiring the equipment thru personal means, family, friends, eBay, craigslist - or if the actual Russian military is providing it.

I also wonder if its legit US manufactured goods, or if they are building Russian/Chinese knock-offs after copying an original bring back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
That guy on the bottom pic has every tacticool gadget on his rifle.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Airsoft?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The tacticool will protect them no need for plate carriers.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
That has got to be gratifying...seeing your product on AK's in the motherland

Nicely done

Z
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Does someone make an AR type stock tube that mates to an AK sidefolder trunnion, like the guy in the pic seems to have?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
What rail system are they using? anyone know? (fore end)
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That has got to be gratifying...seeing your product on AK's in the motherland

Nicely done

Z

Oh, totally.  When I saw the pics for the first time I started dancing around and punching my fists into the air

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What rail system are they using? anyone know? (fore end)

Samson K-Rail Model 1

Congrats Rafaga... That's kick ass!

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Hah I've seen those pics before and I didn't even notice the TWS cover, I think I was too distracted with the M4 stock. Right on dude.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#16]
That's funny stuff, looks like they slid an M4 out from under all the stuff and slid an AK in.
Dude even has magpul's on his magazines.

Congrats on the real world use in the motherland too guys.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#17]
bastards stole our camo

In FPSRussia's fake accent "American Shit is Very Good"
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

Give me an address and I will.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#19]
The guy on the bottom even has a tromix  bolt-on charging handle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The guy on the bottom even has a tromix  bolt-on charging handle.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:53:21 AM EDT
[#21]
yeah there was a usual shit fest over in GD earlier in the week with these pictures. the thread title was "in soviet russia AK look like AR" or some such.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
bastards stole our camo

In FPSRussia's fake accent "American Shit is Very Good"

God I hate that kid.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Is that a krebs safety lever too?
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I also noticed the MBUS....Are M4 type irons good to go on this rail? Seems a bit high. Maybe something like a Troy micro would be better.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:03:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

You know i typically HATE tacticool AK, mainly because people make them look like shit. This Russian guy on the other hand makes it look awesome. First one i actually liked
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I never really thought of the TWS rail cover until now but I do like it and am really considering getting one for the SLR107. Is there any plans for a standard U notch detectable site for this cover instead of the peep site? I am gotten so use to the AK site style I find my self liking them better than the standard AR peep site set up.

I figure if there is a detachable U-notch site near the original site (closes you can get on the rails) it would still be out of the way for lets say an eotech.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I never really thought of the TWS rail cover until now but I do like it and am really considering getting one for the SLR107. Is there any plans for a standard U notch detectable site for this cover instead of the peep site? I am gotten so use to the AK site style I find my self liking them better than the standard AR peep site set up.

I figure if there is a detachable U-notch site near the original site (closes you can get on the rails) it would still be out of the way for lets say an eotech.

Check the last couple pages of the thread in the optics section.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check the last couple pages of the thread in the optics section.

OK, didn't even think to check there and they look like they are on top of it. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm waiting for someone to produce on of these drop on topcovers with windage adjustable sights.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm waiting for someone to produce on of these drop on topcovers with windage adjustable sights.

Have you looked closer to the front of the rifle?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you looked closer to the front of the rifle?

He might have a Krebs or some sort of non adjustable FSB.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Where did this guy get a PEQ15, U.S. Palm grip, and a T1, Indutry partners?.................Sully
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Where did this guy get a PEQ15, U.S. Palm grip, and a T1, Indutry partners?.................Sully

You can get anything, anywhere for the right price.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
This is a good indication of the failure of the Russian arms industry........

Resorting to purchasing commercial off the shelf accessories from
the US and Israel in an attempt to lengthen their rifles useful service
life.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

life.

I think they got the base platform down pretty well, its the accessorizing they seem to have no clue on. I think someone started circulating that ridiculous "Keep that crap off my AK" picture and someone actually took it seriously.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:33:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

life.

I think they got the base platform down pretty well, its the accessorizing they seem to have no clue on. I think someone started circulating that ridiculous "Keep that crap off my AK" picture and someone actually took it seriously.

Even THEY think the base platform is obsolete and needs to be replaced, hence the request
for a new design to replace the Kalashnikov. The cancellation of any further orders for Kalashnikov
rifles is a pretty good indication its time to move forward.

Any time that you see a basic design being
modified to such a degree in order to get it to perform to an acceptable level, its a pretty good
indication its time to field a more suitable design.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

life.

Even THEY think the base platform is obsolete and needs to be replaced, hence the request
for a new design to replace the Kalashnikov. The cancellation of any further orders for Kalashnikov
rifles is a pretty good indication its time to move forward.

Any time that you see a basic design being
modified to such a degree in order to get it to perform to an acceptable level, its a pretty good
indication its time to field a more suitable design.

I think they will replace the AK platform when we replace the M16 which is never. Maybe rebrand or change it a little ala M16A2 to M4. Love your work BTW.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

life

Pretty sure that's how we extended the useful service life of the M16/M4.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

life.

They are catching up in that regards....lots of stuff over there we don't know about or see very often from companies.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

life.

Or more likely, using available off the shelf stuff and not spending millions to basically re-invent the wheel. Let the US and Israelis do the R&D for you, and then buy (or copy) the finished product for pennies compared to what it cost to develop it from the ground up.

As for cancelling more AK orders, its also in part because the Russian army has 10x as many AK rifles as they have active duty soldiers, although they do have just enough to arm all their reservists too (25+ million).
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nice, congrats Rafaga.

Yeah, obviously the FSB is just a bunch of poseur post Soviet Mall Cops...

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep. Seems to americanized for them.

Im thinking these pics are not legit.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol some airsofter shaking hands with putin then?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

life

but we didn't do it with items pirated from Russia/China.......

our own industry met our needs and then some.

Big difference.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#47]
I wonder if those soldier/policeman had to buy their own goodies? I don't think that they would be issued that stuff, but then again I don't know anyone over there to ask.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

life

but we didn't do it with items pirated from Russia/China.......

our own industry met our needs and then some.

Big difference.

I didn't realize Russia had an "industry". While our market has historically been commercially driven with many invocations hitting both the consumer and military sector, Russia (traditionally) has been a much more closed command development system.

ACR and FN Scar are great examples - both are potential FWS but they also are both on the consumer side as well. This helps reduce the risk of designing a weapon that will never reach production while also increasing feed back and "Field" testing for these manufactures. 3rd parties also quickly release accessories and add ons to improve the systems that the original maker did not foresee.  

I don't know what gun laws are like in Russia, but I suspect they are similar to other European countries. What incentive does someone in Moscow have to make collapsable stocks or hand rails?

You'll notice other countries like Polland are developing their own new modern equipment - Beryl comes to mind, folding stock, scope rail, hand guards ect.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I wonder if those soldier/policeman had to buy their own goodies? I don't think that they would be issued that stuff, than I don't know anyone over there to ask.

I think that is exactly it. They may have been given an allowance but I suspect they procured their own equipment. This is common even in the US Military and Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:53:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if those soldier/policeman had to buy their own goodies? I don't think that they would be issued that stuff, than I don't know anyone over there to ask.

I think that is exactly it. They may have been given an allowance but I suspect they procured their own equipment. This is common even in the US Military and Law Enforcement.

If those guys work security at the national executive level in Russia, they are probably making plenty of cash from corruption and graft to buy all the Gucci gear they want.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top