Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/10/2013 1:28:03 PM EDT
I have a Russian black polymer 30 round magazine. Says 7.62 x 39 near the top, and has a
triangle with arrow mark near the bottom. However, it doesn't fit any of my AKs.

What do I have here? Anything ultra rare? Is there a way to modify this to fit?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 1:39:10 PM EDT
Pics?
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 2:04:57 PM EDT
Could be a saiga mag! Is the front of the mag, where it locks into the mag well, have a raised tab? If it does, that acts as a bullet guide for a saiga rifle!
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 2:05:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By genocide666:
Could be a saiga mag! Is the front of the mag, where it locks into the mag well, have a raised tab? If it does, that acts as a bullet guide for a saiga rifle!

30rd?
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:13:37 PM EDT

yes, the front part is higher than on a regular AK mag. I'm surprised that it doesn't fit. I thought that the Saiga mag wells were the same size as the
military mag wells. I guess I'll have to start filing on this thing to get it to fit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:14:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HWI:
Pics?

It looks the same as one of the Bulgarian black polymer mags, but just with the Russian markings I described.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:46:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:

yes, the front part is higher than on a regular AK mag. I'm surprised that it doesn't fit. I thought that the Saiga mag wells were the same size as the
military mag wells. I guess I'll have to start filing on this thing to get it to fit.

I'd hold off on that.

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 2:37:59 PM EDT
I would figure out exactly what i have before i start filing! If it is a saiga mag, its worth $60-$80 easy! If you still want to make it fit, you'll need to dremel or use a grinder to remove the hardened steel that is used! I have done this with a couple of saiga mags! A little at a time, don't over heat the steel and melt the plastic!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 5:58:56 AM EDT
I would figure out exactly what i have before i start filing! If it is a saiga mag, its worth $60-$80 easy! If you still want to make it fit, you'll need to dremel or use a grinder to remove the hardened steel that is used! I have done this with a couple of saiga mags! A little at a time, don't over heat the steel and melt the plastic!!

I filed a bit off the front end to be able to clear the bullet guides in my AKs. Now it fits and is functional.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:27:01 PM EDT
Good!! Glad you have a bad ass, fully functional mag!
Top Top