Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 9/6/2004 3:33:47 PM EST
Hey,
I layawayed a Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI() on Sat. This fall, besides purchasing the 1911, I was looking at buying either a Russian SKS from a pawn shop for $200, something, or a WASR-10 for $359.

What would you get?

Thanks,
kc
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:31:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:39:51 PM EST
i say take the russian sks. over all it is worth more. a good collector. but if you want a rifle to pop-off a hundred or so rounds and then throw it in the closet for 3 months then get the ak. if i had your money i would buy the sks. lol
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:51:28 PM EST
sks
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:11:31 PM EST
one more for the SKS, I have a laminated stock Russian sks that I will never sell!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:10:04 PM EST
I had a WASR and sold it. It's not much use unless you plan on doing street fighting in the near future. They're not all that accurate pass 50 yards, and even at 50 yards the groupings are maybe 2 or 3 inches. I saw a Russian SKS with dark laminated wood at a local gun store. They have it listed for 395! But it's in excellent condition. Not sure I'd pay that much though. Go for the sks if you're only going to get one of the two. They're in my opinion so much more fun to shoot and better looking, plus they usually have a bayonet (not sure if that one you saw does) and you can add a scope pretty easily by replacing the receiver cover. Not to mention they'll eat any ammo you can feed them. My next gun will be an SKS, even though I have a Yugo, I like them that much. Just make sure you find a cheap pack of stripper clips so you won't have to load the rounds one by one.

-mark
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top