Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/22/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
I can't help posting this all over the place. I get so excited when I finish a build. Especially a tough one. Damn. And who would have ever thought I'd even OWN ONE?!?!  

Mint but used Plum RPK-74 kit and Molot mag from ORF, G2, K-Var piston, DCI receiver with my son's Cyrillic initials and birthdate for a serial number, engraving by Ted Marshall, floorplate by grasshopper-san. Headspaced perfect and shot to point of aim dead on at 55 meters. She's sweet................Russki PLUM goodness! Haven't put the sling on yet. Just got done shooting it.

NEXT; Same in Laminate!!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful !!! Are you going to scope it ???
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Beautiful !!! Are you going to scope it ???

Not unless I can do it right, like a 1P29 for example.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:44:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Saaaweeeet!
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
outstanding. any luck finding plum RPK mags? is there such an animal?
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The mag in there is a Molot made 45 rounder but it would be nice to get a plum one. They (Molot) make a plum and black. They look the same as these. Same shape as in the pic but with the horizontal ribbing? Problem is they're just shy of $200 if I remember correctly........... This shit never ends...........it's worse than drugs and just as expensive!
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The mag in there is a Molot made 45 rounder but it would be nice to get a plum one. They (Molot) make a plum and black. They look the same as these. Same shape as in the pic but with the horizontal ribbing? Problem is they're just shy of $200 if I remember correctly........... This shit never ends...........it's worse than drugs and just as expensive!

Duracoat plum would make a ton of cash...
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
No kidding!
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you receive that stock with the kit or did you have to purchase it seperately to get one in new condition?  I've received some nice stuff from ORF, but it seems like they must have received most of their kits all thrown together in boxes.  The stocks with the new kits that I purchased have all had dings and scratches.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did you receive that stock with the kit or did you have to purchase it seperately to get one in new condition?  I've received some nice stuff from ORF, but it seems like they must have received most of their kits all thrown together in boxes.  The stocks with the new kits that I purchased have all had dings and scratches.

It was kind of trashy looking too and the handguards have some dings and scrapes you just don't see in the pic but you know what???? I discovered something accidentally. Get some BALLISTOL and spray the shit out of the stock set and grip and let it "soak" for a bit. Rub it clean (dry) with a cottom terry cloth type towel and it will look almost new and perfect if not perfect. I swear!!!!!!!!!!!! It freaked me out!!!!!!

I hate to give away secrets for FREE.............
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top