Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:44:20 PM EDT
I want to put a triangular side folder on my Romanian AK. My question is how does this affect the rear trunion on my kit. I plan to use a Global Trades 1.0 stamped receiver. I was going to purchase their receiver and service where they mount front and rear trunions and the trigger guard and mag latch. How will the side folder parts impact this. Will I replace the fixed stock rear trunion on my kit with a side folder trunion? Do I need a pistol grip reinforcing plate. And such. You are reading a message from a very confused person.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:48:28 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:38:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2005 8:47:08 PM EDT by Kevin_M4]
You need this with all the parts:

Avaialble Here:

you need to make the receiver look like this:(use this template) Here

The front trunion also needs to be drilled to accept the front retainer pin.

if you want a reinforcement plate Gunco

Then it looks like this (top)

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:25:43 PM EDT
Kevin,

Great information. Have you ordered stock sets from this source and how long did they take to arrive. Also, I did not see when you can get the reinforcement plates. Did they get manufactured under the group buy?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:20:22 AM EDT
I haven't ordered from him. A lot have expect 8 weeks. K-var also offers the same set(except Bulgy) although they are out.
I just started that yesterday, so I dunno.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:57:53 AM EDT
i just finished makeing a bulgy ak-74 kit from k-var,.. it had the same stock you want,..not that hard to do if you have a good dremel set and drill press,.that gray square thing in the picture of parts is what is going to replace your fixed stock tang/trunnion,. as far as global doing it for you i have no idea but give them a call,.... good luck!
Top Top