Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2004 6:16:19 PM EDT
I already know that Wolf and other Russian ammo is very dirty but I was talking to the guy at the gun shop and he said that because of the wear and tear on the chamber Russian ammo is not worth it because the ammo is not brass. Then he tried to sale me some more expensive American made stuff. It makes sense to me that, yes, it will be some what harder on the chamber but will it really make that much of a difference?  I went ahead and got a good load of some Russian stuff, just not Wolf. It is so cheap and that is one of the many reasons why I chose an AK.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I thought and what I wanted to tell the gun shop guy... But I learned never to argue with them... I just don't say anything and buy the stuff I want.  He is an AR guy anyway and said he never shot an AK.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
the Ak was made around russian ammo, not the ammo made around the Ak.  I've heard that brass casings can damage your Ak
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I use steel case here, if you want brass cased 7.62x39 though, look for Cheeta ammo I think Vector sells it.  It will probaly be your cheapest option for brass
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:32:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
AS FOR WOLF AMMO, I THINK IT'S GREAT FOR THE AK, SKS NEVER HAD PROBLEM IN AR-15, IF CHAMBERS ARE KEPT CLEAN, BUT THE BEST IN GLOCKS. BAR NONE THE MOST ACCURATE AND RELIABLE AMMO, I SHOULD KNOW WE ARE A GLOCK STOCKING DEALER. I HAVE OVER 14,000 THROUGH MY 19 AND NOT A BIT OF PROBLEM.SMALLER GUN SHOPS ARE TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM WOLF BECAUSE WE CANNOT BEAT THE INTERNET FOR THE AMMO PRICES. USE WOLF AND HAVE FUN.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The truth comes out.... This is why I love this forum!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top