Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 3:19:07 PM EDT
Does anybody know of a source for Russian manufactured AKM buttstock cleaning kits? I see Russian AKM stuff for sale all the time but never any cleaning kits. The ones I have seen only fit the AK-74 type cleaning rod. I was told Bulgarian kits were Russian but I can't seem to confirm this. How do I tell if they are Russian? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:28:30 PM EDT
Russian will almost always have a lazy formed raised ridge around the tube, just below where the cap edge stops. They are not common because like cleaning rods, they always get tossed in war time. Isreal has made replacement kits for their large stockpile of captured AKs and they will be parked with hebrew markings. Russian are of course black paint over park. Good luck.

-C
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:48:19 PM EDT
Aks have cleaning kits?

When did they start putting those in?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:18:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Aks have cleaning kits?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:42:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By maxxx93:

Aks have cleaning kits?

And the Americans did the oposite with the M16, how ironic!
"..the M16 is so modern it self cleans..." hahah
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:14:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 1:19:10 PM EDT by JaketheSnake]
So the cleaning kit shipped with my VEPR would be AKM cleaning kit right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:23:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Robotizing:

Originally Posted By maxxx93:

Aks have cleaning kits?

And the Americans did the oposite with the M16, how ironic!
"..the M16 is so modern it self cleans..." hahah

Who in the hell would have believed that.... A gun is a tool, like any tool it should be cared for and well maintained. Sad that alot guys died by the armys short comings with the rifle system. Had Stoner been giving the instructions for the gun to the soldiers, I doubt that would have happened.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:14:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chamberlin:
Russian will almost always have a lazy formed raised ridge around the tube, just below where the cap edge stops. They are not common because like cleaning rods, they always get tossed in war time. Isreal has made replacement kits for their large stockpile of captured AKs and they will be parked with hebrew markings. Russian are of course black paint over park. Good luck.

-C

is this a russian kit?
Top Top