Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 4:53:29 AM EDT
In the poll for the SEAK III, there was an option for an M70 rilfe built from new parts. There is also mention of it on another AK site by a different person.

Anyone care to elaborate more on when these new condition kits will be availble
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:34:25 AM EDT
It's not a rumor. I received a POS M70 kit from CFS, sent it back requesting a hand pick one and got a kit that was only test fired without a scratch. I ordered another one the same day and got another unissued kit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:37:49 AM EDT
But, is their availability a confirmed thing? A fluke, or a "You have to ask for it" type of deal?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:49:11 AM EDT
Well, I and a friend of mine both ordered the $179 M70 kits from Centerfire and got absolutely pristine parts. Mine has practically no finish wear, bright and mint bore, and beautiful wood.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:14:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:02:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:31:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krinkfreak:
Brand new M70s (underfold and fixed) will be coming soon.

Damn it! Just when I think my bank account is safe!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:35:25 PM EDT

How sure are you of this? I'd like to build a well made fixed stock kit in unissued condition, not just a shooter. Please fill us in about estimated quantity and timeframe, I'm not asking for names.

I've heard "ghost stories" before (Joeken) where they never materialized and don't want to pass up on available kits.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:30:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sacmaster:

How sure are you of this? I'd like to build a well made fixed stock kit in unissued condition, not just a shooter. Please fill us in about estimated quantity and timeframe, I'm not asking for names.

I've heard "ghost stories" before (Joeken) where they never materialized and don't want to pass up on available kits.

+1 I really want a fixed kit too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:07:59 AM EDT
Well, it'll probably be CenterFire Systems who gets any new Yugo kits. If their recent history is any guide, it'll go like this.

1. They will skim off all the best kits for big and "special" (AK web site Ops and Mods) customers.

2. Instead of the newer kits, they will ship the old stock junk "dark bores" M70 kits (which CFS is DESPERATE to get rid of) to anyone ordering multiple kits and/or anyone west of the Mississippi.

Why junk to multiple kits or Westies, you ask? The higher the shipping cost = the higher the return shipping which the customer must pay = the higher liklihood that the junk won't be returned. Simple.

3. Then they'll send in their monthly bribe, er . . , sponsorship payments (yeah, that's the ticket!) to the AK web sites (gunboards,com, gunco.net, etc) to ensure continued "special" handling of complaints against CFS.

4. They will continue to get away with murder forever.

If the next batch of Yugo M70 kits come through CFS, I'll wait until a RELIABLE seller advertises them, like Bocepheus, etc. Dealing with CFS requires too much stomach acid.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:49:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:17:53 AM EDT
Never happened here either. Maybe because i am a walk-in.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:26:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:09:28 AM EDT
What does an M70 look like? Caliber?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:25:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Diogenes:
Well, it'll probably be CenterFire Systems who gets any new Yugo kits. If their recent history is any guide, it'll go like this.

1. They will skim off all the best kits for big and "special" (AK web site Ops and Mods) customers.

2. Instead of the newer kits, they will ship the old stock junk "dark bores" M70 kits (which CFS is DESPERATE to get rid of) to anyone ordering multiple kits and/or anyone west of the Mississippi.

Why junk to multiple kits or Westies, you ask? The higher the shipping cost = the higher the return shipping which the customer must pay = the higher liklihood that the junk won't be returned. Simple.

3. Then they'll send in their monthly bribe, er . . , sponsorship payments (yeah, that's the ticket!) to the AK web sites (gunboards,com, gunco.net, etc) to ensure continued "special" handling of complaints against CFS.

4. They will continue to get away with murder forever.

If the next batch of Yugo M70 kits come through CFS, I'll wait until a RELIABLE seller advertises them, like Bocepheus, etc. Dealing with CFS requires too much stomach acid.

I am a nobody, and CFS shipped me two Yugo fixed stock kits that had shiny bores out of the box. Rifling was strong, sharp, and there was no pitting at all. I highly doubt there was any favoritism.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 6:50:41 PM EDT by JoeCool]
i like cfs they done me justice
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:42:38 PM EDT
I have a feeling CF is up to something. they just dropped the price of Romanian kits to $77.00 less the butt stock (whats up with no stock). Maybe making room for more kits coming in?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:46:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JoeCool:
baptized by fire

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:54:55 PM EDT
some folks like to add their own touch personally i like underfolders
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:43:01 PM EDT

Let me guess. That is what is in the green crates at ORF.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:15:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Let me guess. That is what is in the green crates at ORF.

That would be awsome. A new kit from a reliable source. Not that CFS isnt.
Top Top