Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2004 5:03:40 AM EDT
Is there any more coming over here or am I gonna have to cough up $60~$70 for one?  If there will be more imported , I will wait.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Where are you seeing $60-70??  I consider $45 to be high... I paid about $30 for mine at the Knob Creek shoot back in April, and there were piles of them available...

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where are you seeing $60-70??  I consider $45 to be high... I paid about $30 for mine at the Knob Creek shoot back in April, and there were piles of them available...

K-VAR sells em @ $69 IIRC...

I paid $60 for mine locally, but I only "need" 1.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered one for $45 w/o weld from that place in Indian Trail, NC. I didn't that that was too bad considering the current supply vs. demand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning on waiting.  Not worth more than $30 to me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Paid $35 about 18 months ago at a gun show.  They were everywhere then.  Probably so expensive now because they can actually be put on a rifle.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one a few weeks ago for $27 from Guns n Stuff. Then the next day they were $37... I wish I would have bought 2 or more...

www.gunsnstuffonline.com
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
The Romanians were $45/50 at Knob Creek yesterday.  The highest was $65.  Saw a couple of East Germans for $65/75.  I thought the East German were better but was told they would not fit my Chinese without extensive filing.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Any one know what you have to do, to fit one on a MAK 90 ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Any one know what you have to do, to fit one on a MAK 90 ?

Took about 10 minutes with a file to fit one to my MAK. The screw holes don't line up with those in the trunnion, so you have two choices: 1: grind on one of the holes in the trunnion to enlarge it into an oval to fit the screw, or 2: leave out one of the screws.

I chose option #2, not wanting to grind or modify the rifle. I filed till I got a pretty snug fit then put in only the rear screw with Loctite. Works pretty well, so far. Only have 90 rds (3 mags) through it since the conversion, stock's still tight. If it loosens up, I'll enlarge the front screw hole, the one under the recoil spring, so the mods aren't visible. We'll see, should be OK like it is.

I bought my Romy folder from Scott Gull on the EE for, IIRC, $35.00 or thereabouts about a month before the ban expired. Check with him, he might still have some. Good guy to deal with!

Bub
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top