Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:52:24 PM EDT
Do all of the Romanian handguards have a crack going up the middle, on the bottom? I have 3 and they are all cracked. Do I just have sh**ty luck or what? Any wood working tricks to fix or conceal this?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
i bought a set of wood by itself and it was like this. it got slightly worse after installing it once then never grew even after multiple takeoffs.  If you plan on refinishing the wood i would use some woodglue or something similar to fill in the crack. otherwise i wouldnt worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this on the upper handguard? If so, one of my kits had a hairline crack on it.  The other two didn't.  It wasn't too difficult repairing the crack with gorilla glue.  Since the uppers aren't laminated like the rest of the furniture, I think it's kinda prone to cracking.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Its the bottom front of the lower handguard, about 1 1/2 or 2 inches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm... that's a bummer.  Nope, I didn't have any cracks on the bottom HG.  Still, I would think some gorilla glue would work though.  I would imagine that the crack runs parallel to the laminates?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I was thinking something like gorrilla glue too. That's most likely what I'll be using. But there might be something better out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
i would make sure any glue you use wont melt/catch fire if you use it INSIDE the handguard because the barrell gets 1000+ degrees if you bumpfire it. normal firing can put it 300-500 easy.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top