Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 7:38:37 PM EDT
I was just in the EE where I saw a Romanian folding stock for $100.  I say to myself "good luck selling that stock at that price".  Then I go back about 10 minutes later and guess what.  THE DAMN THING SOLD!!!! For $100!!!  Unbelievable!  I am dumbfounded.  What a stupid precedent to set.  It's no wonder AK74 kits are selling for $300 on the EE right now, that's right I said selling, not listed, but selling.  The bigger fool principle at work.  God isn't price gouging great?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was just in the EE where I saw a Romanian folding stock for $100.  I say to myself "good luck selling that stock at that price".  Then I go back about 10 minutes later and guess what.  THE DAMN THING SOLD!!!! For $100!!!  Unbelievable!  I am dumbfounded.  What a stupid precedent to set.  It's no wonder AK74 kits are selling for $300 on the EE right now, that's right I said selling, not listed, but selling.  The bigger fool principle at work.  God isn't price gouging Capitalismgreat?

Yup.

Somewhere in the EE an ARFCOM member is about to get an upgrade.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]
and so it has begun
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see why one guy with a welder and a bunch of wire tubing  couldn't build a few EG/Romy folding wire stocks minus the hardware.

Benh
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol I could not believe that either. I got one maybe 2 weeks after the AWB sunsetted at the gunshow for I think $35. I saw people few monthes later buying them for $50 and thought that was outrageous.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought that stock i ve been trying to find one for months and nobody has them and when i ask when they will have them they tell me the wont be getting any more i was afraid this might be my last chance . I didnt mean to help set a precedent but im willing to pay it  just to get one now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn I remember seeing these for $30 at one time..  I paid $50 for a lever button from DPH earlier this year.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
At the last gun show I saw 3 differant people witht hem.  One for $50, on for $80 and one for $90.  I saw the $50 ones first, and decided to look for a cheaper price.  By the time I got back, all 3 he had were sold and now I'm kicking myself since no one online has them either.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought my Romy pushbutton sidefolder at the Knob Creek MG shoot in April '04, for $35. There were piles of them to be had.  It was a speculative purchase (assuming the ban would end in September), and it paid off. The next shoot in October '04, there was maybe one vendor who had them, and they were running about $50.  Demand and prices have both risen steadily ever since. IMHO, $100 is a crack-smoking price for this type of stock (which sucks from a comfort/ergonomic point of view). But if the buyer and seller are both happy, who am I to disparage them?

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw that.  That is ridiculous.  I have sold 2 (cmutka and yagermeister) on the EE in the last couple of months for $55.00 shipped each.  If you really wanted one all you got to do is check out the EE every day, they get posted there at reasonable prices.   I've got one left, anybody want it for $100.00 shipped?  In fact yagermeister might of just shot me an IM when I said I had one laying around I wasn't using and he got it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The hardware is the problem would be nice if there were USA made for complience reasons
I went on a group buy a couple of months ago with weaponeer and I think they were $69.00
shipped!!!!!! I only got 1 now I wish I had gotten more.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The bigger fool principle at work.  God isn't price gouging great?

The biggest fools are those who didn't buy 10-20 of these things and squirrel them away. You should have learned your lessen back in 1989 when W's daddy banned those cheap $125 Norinco AK-47's. Over night they went to $500-$700 rifles and have stayed there ever since!!! God I wish I would have bought a semi truck loaded with them cheap Chinese AK's!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#12]
They were a Century Arms special one month last year-

5 for $100.

They were the welded up ones, but those are easy enough to fix.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish I would have bought a truck load of folders and kits..If yer $100 folder and $350 kit doesnt sell right away just hold on to em till X-mas or next year and they will...My wife just told me the other day as a matter of fact that this little hobbie may actually make a couple dollars this year...
I've been messing around with these type weapons long enough to know that you better jump while it's good today because they may be gone in the mourning... Just the facts of life.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I wish I would have bought a truck load of folders and kits..If yer $100 folder and $350 kit doesnt sell right away just hold on to em till X-mas or next year and they will...My wife just told me the other day as a matter of fact that this little hobbie may actually make a couple dollars this year...
I've been messing around with these type weapons long enough to know that you better jump while it's good today because they may be gone in the mourning... Just the facts of life.

It's even worse with the surplus ammo.  I've got so much damn 7.62x54r silvertip that I'm looking into more rifles to shoot the stuff, but it was too good a deal.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]
We went for a long time without seeing any on the market, then there were plenty.  We will probably see more, but this time the price will be much more.l
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I bought that stock i ve been trying to find one for months and nobody has them and when i ask when they will have them they tell me the wont be getting any more i was afraid this might be my last chance . I didnt mean to help set a precedent but im willing to pay it  just to get one now.

Let me know what other stuff you need right NOW.  I probably have some stuff to sell you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Received 5 Rommy sidefolders from Tapco for $23 each in 2003.  All 5 are on my 5 SAR-1's.  I wouldn't sell them even with the prices jumping 400-500% because I need them all.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought one new for 32.00 just before the ban fell. Ive still seen them at every gunshow. Usually a few table have one going for 69-89.00.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#19]
If there is one thing I have learned about milsurp, it is to always buy when the price seems reasonable.  They never look like a steal until after the prices have already gome up.  

Standard prices from days gone by:

$35... USGI M14 trigger group
$65... New Chinese SKS
$125... VG condition Swedish Mauser

Down the road, we will likely be kicking ourselves for not buying more AK mags at $7 each.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
could be worse, there was that guy in the EE selling chicom drums for $215, each
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
It's America, how bad do you want it?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:02:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

well then, I've got a romy side folder in great shape, pushbutton type and I'll let it go for the amazingly low price of $150.00  they are getting rarer by the minute, better hop on this one quick!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I  am the guy who sold it for 100, and I got that price from a recent search of this site. I could not give it away attached to my badass Romy Sar1. So I parted it out and Billy_Bob was nice enough to help a brother out.  And for the record... He got the best stock. It is pristine.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad the guy got it if he wanted one that bad. Personally, I wouldn't take one for free if I had to put it on my rifle. The only thing that sucks worse are the AMD-65 stocks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Critics, critics, critics,
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#26]
As long as you are both happy, I guess that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Okay, shameless plug:

I have an excellent East German push lever wire side folder with a Bulgy rubber grenade launcher buttpad I'll sell together for $80 shipped if anyone wants it. Email me.    
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well then, I've got a romy side folder in great shape, pushbutton type and I'll let it go for the amazingly low price of $150.00  they are getting rarer by the minute, better hop on this one quick!

Man, I need to get you to send me some more $$$ for that stock you bought off me...  

Woody
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#29]
To anyone who bought these for $30 (when we all had the chance):  If you want to double your money, just shoot me an email.

Edit:  And if you have 3 or more, I will send you back a whittled on Crapco folder for free.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Century was last selling them at 5 for $75. I sold quite a few of them. I only set a couple back for myself before Century pulled the plug on them. Kick, kick.......
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
could be worse, there was that guy in the EE selling chicom drums for $215, each

Thats nothing, I've seen rommies for 150-175$ and 100rd chinese drums for 300$!!!

Serious about having a folding stock for sale?

ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:50:55 PM EDT
[#32]
After all you suckers sell for $100, I'll get $150-200 for mine.

10 minutes huh? Damn.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:03:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats nothing, I've seen rommies for 150-175$ and 100rd chinese drums for 300$!!!

ben

I'm not going to sell that stock, I've got a romy kit to put it on now.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ben

I'm not going to sell that stock, I've got a romy kit to put it on now.  

Post pics though!

ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Also,

How hard would it be for someone with a bunch of steel tubing to make his own Rommy/EG wire folding stock? They don't look that hard to make, but I could be wrong.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:06:53 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Also,

How hard would it be for someone with a bunch of steel tubing to make his own Rommy/EG wire folding stock? They don't look that hard to make, but I could be wrong.

Ben

I'm sure you could make them all day long. What I doubt is that you could make them for less than $150. The stock itself is fairly simple. The trunion and all the little parts required to make the stock fold and stay folded/unfolded are not so simple. IMHO a copy of the AK-74M plastic folding buttstock would sell well. Folks pay ~250 for them. I think a lot of people (people who don't like conventional wire stocks!) would love to have one. I know I would.  

Galland
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I have no problem with a person getting what they want for a part.  I sell stuff for the price I want out of it.  I don't ask for more than I think I can get out of it.  If someone will pay that amount for a Romanian side folding stock then you have every right to take that much for it.  If someone thinks that you are asking to much for a part then they don't have to buy it.

I do get pissed when someone suckers someone into buying something that isn't what is advertised though.  Such as, the guy on the EE that will post a picture of an upper or scope and states that it is what it is not. Creatively setiing the picture up where it looks as though it is something else and lying about what brand it is.  Fraudulent sellers need to be castrated.  

Quoted:
I  am the guy who sold it for 100, and I got that price from a recent search of this site. I could not give it away attached to my badass Romy Sar1. So I parted it out and Billy_Bob was nice enough to help a brother out.  And for the record... He got the best stock. It is pristine.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:44:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Paid $ 19.99 for mine
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I have no problem with a person getting what they want for a part.  I sell stuff for the price I want out of it.  I don't ask for more than I think I can get out of it.  If someone will pay that amount for a Romanian side folding stock then you have every right to take that much for it.  If someone thinks that you are asking to much for a part then they don't have to buy it.

I do get pissed when someone suckers someone into buying something that isn't what is advertised though.  Such as, the guy on the EE that will post a picture of an upper or scope and states that it is what it is not. Creatively setiing the picture up where it looks as though it is something else and lying about what brand it is.  Fraudulent sellers need to be castrated.  

Quoted:

I saw your post. WTF? Are you calling me a liar? What is wrong with you? It is a  offset lock parkrized romanian folder. You have issues.

Sory.. Im not used to all this attention. Bad manners.  I had to read the post closer to understand you were not coming down on me. I hate schisters too. In fact I have been burned twice by that creative picture taking you speak of.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw your post. WTF? Are you calling me a liar? What is wrong with you? It is a  offset lock parkrized romanian folder. You have issues.

Sory.. Im not used to all this attention. Bad manners.  I had to read the post closer to understand you were not coming down on me. I hate schisters too. In fact I have been burned twice by that creative picture taking you speak of.

Shit man,  send me nasty emails without reading what I posted. I never call you a liar and no I don't have issues. Chill the fuck out if they don't like your price they don't have to buy your shit  The thieves I was posting about are the ones like this  and this

This is one of my previous adds.

It leaves nothing to bitch about as the person knows exactly what they are getting and the price was good.  I didn't even get positive feedback on that deal.  

I sold a SAR-1 to a guy who just had to have it. He came to my house and I showed him 2 SAR-1's and 2 Bulgarian milled SLR-100's.  He only had cash for a SAR-1 $285.00.  I told him to pick the one he wanted and if need be we could go out shooting first and he could select the best one.  He said he didn't have the time and paid me for one and took it home.

3 months later I hear he is bitching that it doesn't shoot right.  It gets back to me that he is complaining.  I go to him and ask WTF is up.  He tells me the barrel is bent.

WTF, the barrel isn't bent.  I shot that rifle before selling it to you, it is fine.

The barrel is bent, I can see it is bent, he says.

He wants his money back.  I tell him to take it to a buddy of mine who is a gunsmith and a competitve shooter that travels all over the Western states shooting in matches.  If he says anything is wrong with the rifle I'll take it back.  Takes him a year to get the rifle to the gunsmith and all during that year he is shit talking how I sold him a piece of shit rifle.  I get stiffed on several deals during this time because of him.

He takes the rifle to the gunsmith who checks it out and takes it to a range.  Problem with the rifle, the dumbfuck had messed with the sites which were dead on when it left my house and had them all fucked up.  Once sighted in it was dead on.  The gunsmith tells me this and the guy gets his rifle back and never says another word to me about it.

Last month I hear that he has the rifle up for sale.  He puts up flyers at work with a picture.  I go and read the flyer and see that it says he is selling a Russian AK for $400.00 and a case of wolf ammo for $160.00.  One of the guys at work actually buys it from him.

Now if you have actually read all of this and followed all the links and read all the adds you will see that there are liars and thieves on the Equipment Exchange, there are honest people on the Equipment Exchange.  There are also people that just have to have an item right now.  There are also people that have buyers remorse and just have to bitch about something they bought after the fact or when their wife finds out.  But the most important thing you have learned is that you really should read what I have posted before you sit down to the computer and type out those nasty replies and emails.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit man,  send me nasty emails without reading what I posted. I never call you a liar and no I don't have issues. Chill the fuck out if they don't like your price they don't have to buy your shit  The thieves I was posting about are the ones like this  and this

This is one of my previous adds.

It leaves nothing to bitch about as the person knows exactly what they are getting and the price was good.  I didn't even get positive feedback on that deal.  

I sold a SAR-1 to a guy who just had to have it. He came to my house and I showed him 2 SAR-1's and 2 Bulgarian milled SLR-100's.  He only had cash for a SAR-1 $285.00.  I told him to pick the one he wanted and if need be we could go out shooting first and he could select the best one.  He said he didn't have the time and paid me for one and took it home.

3 months later I hear he is bitching that it doesn't shoot right.  It gets back to me that he is complaining.  I go to him and ask WTF is up.  He tells me the barrel is bent.

WTF, the barrel isn't bent.  I shot that rifle before selling it to you, it is fine.

The barrel is bent, I can see it is bent, he says.

He wants his money back.  I tell him to take it to a buddy of mine who is a gunsmith and a competitve shooter that travels all over the Western states shooting in matches.  If he says anything is wrong with the rifle I'll take it back.  Takes him a year to get the rifle to the gunsmith and all during that year he is shit talking how I sold him a piece of shit rifle.  I get stiffed on several deals during this time because of him.

He takes the rifle to the gunsmith who checks it out and takes it to a range.  Problem with the rifle, the dumbfuck had messed with the sites which were dead on when it left my house and had them all fucked up.  Once sighted in it was dead on.  The gunsmith tells me this and the guy gets his rifle back and never says another word to me about it.

Last month I hear that he has the rifle up for sale.  He puts up flyers at work with a picture.  I go and read the flyer and see that it says he is selling a Russian AK for $400.00 and a case of wolf ammo for $160.00.  One of the guys at work actually buys it from him.

Now if you have actually read all of this and followed all the links and read all the adds you will see that there are liars and thieves on the Equipment Exchange, there are honest people on the Equipment Exchange.  There are also people that just have to have an item right now.  There are also people that have buyers remorse and just have to bitch about something they bought after the fact or when their wife finds out.  But the most important thing you have learned is that you really should read what I have posted before you sit down to the computer and type out those nasty replies and emails.  

"the barrel is bent"!!  I think I remember this story for some reason?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#42]
On a similar note, if/when my AK-100 folding stock arrives, I'll be selling my new Bulgarian triangle-folder with all hardware (latches, rear trunnion, etc.) What should I expect to get out of it?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn glad I bought the one for my SAR-2 back in June of 04 from FAC for $29.  Who would have thought?  Hell, I guessed they buying frenzy that resulted from the end of the AWB would have cooled down by now.    I guess I don't know shit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

"the barrel is bent"!!  I think I remember this story for some reason?

You remember it because I posted that story about a year ago or so when the dumbsh*t finally took it to a gunsmith I recommended and he was told he should apologize to me for giving me the name of a shyster at work when there wasn't a thing wrong with the rifle only his knowledge of a firearm.  

Then the idiot sells it as a Russian AK to someone that didn't know WTF he was buying, just another guy that just had to have it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:54:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
On a similar note, if/when my AK-100 folding stock arrives, I'll be selling my new Bulgarian triangle-folder with all hardware (latches, rear trunnion, etc.) What should I expect to get out of it?

The way things are going you should be able to get $250 easy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#46]
HEY cant knock a man for makin a buck
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top