Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:04:10 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any sources of the Romanian Wire Folding Stock, Lever-Style, for the AK-47?

I can find East German Wire Folding Stocks, which are generally more expensive, or Polish Tantal Wire Folding Stocks, which are shorter in stock length. Both the Polish and East German would work on my WASR 10/63, but I'd prefer to keep it Romanian.

I've looked in the EE, generally finding the stock sold already. I've also looked at websites like DPH Arms, Copes, RTG, Apex, OTS, and a handful of others with no luck. All of them either out of stock or no listed.

My plan is to swap out my wooden stock for a wire folder and then add a riser bar made by AMD65Tech out of Grapevine, TX.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Rtg has them for sale
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]
you have to keep watching the EE, i got one 2 days ago in a face to face transaction. Just keep looking thorughout the day
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the going price for the wire folders these days anyway? I've got one of the older push buttons and one of the levers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
a few months ago, somebody sold a bunch of used button folder romanians for somethingf like $55 each.

I wish I had bought one.  if yours is a finish-worn romanian button-type side folder, and you would take $55 shipped, I would be interested.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Which style is considered more desirable, the button or the lever? Or are they regarded as equals?
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like it's more of a personal preference.
Link Posted: 3/22/2012 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer the lever only because the stock sits more centered and the lever moves your thumb out of the way of the folding mechanism.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking for one for months! I got lucky and found a Romanian lever style at my local gun show.  
The guy wanted $75 but i knocked it down to $65 so im happy!
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont know what the market value is for these, but i got the lever version for $65. I was happy with that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#10]
$65 bucks has been about the going price for the levers for a long time. Some people ask more, but you can always find one somewhere for around $65 or so.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top