Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2005 10:21:42 AM EDT
Romanian WASR-10 Facts

Pros:
• Goodies... most WASR's come with military goodies like bayonet, cleaning kit, mag pouch.
• Availability... you can find these guns all over the net and in most gun stores.
• $$$ Cheap, so don’t spend over $350 for one
• Reliable, goes bang every time you pull the trigger
• Almost all AK parts (stamped) fit, so it’s easy to upgrade everything
• Fairly accurate, again, for the price!

Cons:
• Trigger Slap, most of these guns come with cheap FCG (fire control group) parts that cause this, you can easily remedy the situation with a $40 drop in FCG, such as the G2.
• Bad Finish, the paint and wood on these guns leaves a lot to be desired, but for the price, who cares!
• Cant... Some of these guns have canted sights, etc... so try to check them out before you buy.  Just have a glance through the sights.

Places to buy:
ClassicArms
AIM
Atlantic

Ammo:
Takes - 7.62 x 39 caliber
I recommend WOLF ammo, it's cheap ($100 for a 1000 round case) and seems to work for most people

New Gun Prep:
These guns come packed in grease, so you really have to clean it up a bit before you shoot.  At very least, take out the bolt and clean as good as you can in every part of the gun you can reach.  Use some gun cleaner, then put it back together with some good gun oil.  Pull the bolt back and let it fly a few times.  You have to be a little rough with these guns at first.  Clean out your mags too.

Anything else you guys can think of for this list, might answer a lot of questions for people.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
if you are looking to do the same thing (general info) as the thread in the ak ABC's section, except pertaining to just wsars and romy rifles with those at much more detail...
* i would list off things like the thread size on the new noban wsars along with a question reguarding preban muzzle nuts and if they can be removed. talk about how to remove the slant break and such
* talk about mag wobble and the bulgy waffles as an option
* link to the fix for cant
* link to the fix for trigger slap, and talk about alternative fcg's. also mention newer wsars have a g2
* explain the difference between a wsar and sar or the other ak varieties.
* hinters on removing furniture, maybe a link to linx's site again and a kind word about the @#%@#( that is the butt stock.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They need more than just a quickie wipe down to get the metal shavings out of the receiver and all internal parts from the hi cap mag conversion.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
i dont think he is talking about converting the low caps to high caps, i think he means new noban wsars from century.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how common this is...but my gas piston was not pinned into the bolt carrier. Therefore, since it was threaded and screwed in, the gas piston would start to unscrew itself as I fired the weapon. It never unscrewed all the way out of the bolt carrier, but it was loose everytime I would clean the weapon.

I had it pinned as soon as possible. Just a quality control deal from Century...whether you can actually believe that or not..
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 3:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
All WASR-10 rifles imported can only use low cap mags. As rifles that can use hi cap mags have been aganist the law to import since April 6,1998.
www.atf.gov/firearms/assault/treasrelease.htm
Century Arms converts all the no ban rifles to use high cap mags by cutting the hole for the magazine in the receiver and the magazine spacers that are spot welded to the inside of the receiver wider so the hi cap mags will fit.
In the pic the red arrow is pointing to the mag spacer. Notice all the shinny specks inside and out of the rifle? They are metal shavings from the cutting of the hole and spacers so the hi cap mag will fit.

Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Right, get all those shavings out with a rag or something.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Romanian WASR-10 Facts

Cons:
Trigger Slap, most of these guns come with cheap FCG (fire control group) parts that cause this, you can easily remedy the situation with a $40 drop in FCG, such as the G2.

Actually if you saw M4-AR's post the newer imported WASR's are coming with G2 FCG's already installed from Century.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Both mine got G2s from the factory. The guys at classic arms said that the Q.C. at century has gotten a lot better lately.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They need more than just a quickie wipe down to get the metal shavings out of the receiver and all internal parts from the hi cap mag conversion.

amen to that brother!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen to that brother!

All I did was wipe the shavings out with a rag and I have had no problems with 1000 rounds eaten already, no jams... so do as you wish, but it isn't absolutely neccessary if you are a noob and don't want to get into your FCG right away (see other thread for the original question).
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the little silver bottle that comes with these AK's supposed to be used or vodka? Just bought my first AK today and wanna do it up right

I stink like carb cleaner and I'm in dire need of ammo
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#12]
That would be some nasty vodka!

and Congrats!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top