Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/30/2003 5:44:40 PM EDT
Is the Romanain SAR1 getting hard to find? Tim
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:23:06 PM EDT
A little bit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:39 AM EDT
The supply appears to be drying up - whether it stays that way or not, is anyone's guess... I'd bet that if they do resume importing them, that there'll be a price hike... Better get 'em while you can...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:57:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2003 4:51:27 AM EDT by zeekh]
Well I haven't found any locally. I saw one at a gun show in Nov. It was a Century Arms gun. I get a bit confused on thios stuff though. Does Century Arms just import the guns or do they assmble or manufacture guns? I have heard that the quality of a Century Arms gun may not be too good. Any thoughts on this? So where would you go to get an SAR1? Tim
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 6:11:05 AM EDT
To my knowledge, Century doesn't build these rifles - they import them, and then swap out enough parts to make them 922(?) compliant - in this case, the pistol grips, and fire control parts, to give a US parts count... A recent copy of the shotgun news should reveal a couple of dwindling sources - if you have someone who'll do FFL transfers for you - if not, they sometimes can help locate a dealer in your area that'll do it for a fee... Off the top of my head, I'd say SOG, J&G Sales, Wholesale Gun, etc... You might also check gunbroker...

My SAR-1 is a Century gun, and had a little trigger slap, but I cured it myself - other than that, there weren't any major issues... With a little TLC, it cleaned up into a fine looking weapon, and has been reliable, and more accurate than I thought an AKM could be... So, I guess you could say I'm happy with MY Century rifle...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:39:59 AM EDT
Thanks for the input George!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:19:50 PM EDT
No problemo, bud...

- georgestrings
Top Top